Senior DevOps Engineer (New Zealand, Fiji)
improve and expand the multi-cloud platform used by our growing set of deployments
a month ago
At Polygon we are seeking DevOps Engineers that have development and operational experience deploying, debugging, tuning and maintaining large scale Web deployments, high-performance, low-latency distributed applications, and container-based applications and microservices.
You are ready to apply the best practices for monitoring, observability, security, and infrastructure automation to the task of improving and expanding the multi-cloud platform used by our growing set of deployments.
We're a global, distributed team because we take talented, motivated people where and when we find them. That means you'd be one of over 400 remote employees working in 24+ countries. You'll manage your availability along with the availability of resources to support the varied operational, functional, and regulatory needs of people employed in so many locations, and using so many service providers to connect to company systems.
For this role, the preferred availability is anywhere within the GMT+12 timezone: New Zealand, Fiji, etc.
- Working to improve and maintain the reliability and availability of our services
- Actively troubleshooting any issues that arise during testing and deployment, catching and solving issues before launch
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements
- Establish DevOps Engineer team best practices
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes. Work with CI/CD tools, and source control such as GIT and SVN
- Design and scale our back-end systems and platforms, adding automation, monitoring and observability as needed to increase the ability of teams to self-manage the code they’re deploying
- Provide incident response and support for our production systems
- Continued technical growth through constant experimentation, learning, and rapid project iteration
- You'll partner with DevOps, MIS & Security team members in locations where employees are clustered to meet availability objectives and to accommodate location and team-specific service requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field, or 7+ years of progressive relevant experience
- You have good knowledge of IaC tools like Terraform
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructure, and Linux/Unix system administration tasks on varied linux distributions with deep knowledge of linux fundamentals
- Experience with Debian & RedHat derivatives like Ubuntu or CentOS & successors preferred
- Experience with managing SQL and NoSQL databases like MySQL/MariaDB, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, RDS, InfluxDB, & LevelDB
- Experience with configuration management tooling like Puppet, Chef, Saltstack, etc. Ansible is a must; Hashicorp tool experience is a bonus
- Working knowledge of IaC tooling like TerraformFamiliarity with Docker and other container environments along with container orchestration tools like Swarm and Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring tools like Datadog, Grafana, Prometheus, etc.
- Experience with continuous Integration and continuous delivery tools, like Jenkins, CircleCI, Github Actions, etc.
- More than five years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus
- Must have extensive AWS cloud experience and familiarity configuring, scaling, tuning and monitoring the range of AWS services. A multi-cloud background with strong experience in any of GCP, Azure, ACS, & Digital Ocean or other clouds in addition to AWS would be excellent
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes to both technical and non-technical audiences as needed.
- You have experience producing operational and design documentation for the things you build, and have written blameless post-mortem docs after troubleshooting service issues
Culture & Perks:
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. The goal of the Polygon total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
- Remote first global workforce
- Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee*
- Company matching 401k with 6% match*
- $1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance
- $2,000 Employee Development Program
- Unlimited PTO
- Book Allowance Program…$200 per year
- Company issued laptop
- *In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents
Auckland, New Zealand - Remote
Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols.
Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
Oops. In progress...