Finance Controller / Lead
be responsible for all aspects of the company's financial and accounting operations, including accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and financial reporting
2 months ago
As our Finance Lead, you will be the first in-house hire in the finance and accounting team and will be responsible for all aspects of the company's financial and accounting operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and financial reporting.
You will also be working closely with an outsourced accounting team and internal teams to implement the right financial processes. Additionally, you will work closely with the executive team to provide financial analysis and modeling for key business decisions. This will include preparing presentations and reports to help the team understand the company's financial performance and identify areas for improvement.
As an ideal candidate, you will be curious, and analytical, with a natural drive to exceed expectations, resonating with ETHGlobal's core values. Your organizational, communication and team collaboration skills are second to none, you enjoy helping to implement solutions that push operational efficiencies to the next level.
- Full cycle accounting, financial statement reporting and process documentation preparation
- Prepare customer invoices timely and accurately and follow up with customers on overdue balances
- Verify, allocate, process, and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Manage vendor registration, setup, and maintenance in accordance with company policy
- Manage payments in fiat and crypto in a variety of tokens and Ethereum and Layer 2
- Handle distribution of millions of dollars of prizes to thousands of winners globally
- Monitoring of schedules, deadlines and internal budgets
- Manage key service provider relationships with auditors, outsourced accountants, technical accounting advisory, and strategic partners
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of the financial and cash management model, including the preparation of monthly budget vs actual analyses
- Establish best practices and policies for accounts receivable, accounts payable, and other accounting processes
- Contribute to the growth and culture of a high-performing team
- Have a CPA designation in Canada
- Undergraduate or advanced degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 3-5 years working experience in accounting
- Experience working at a company with over $3M in revenue
- Position to travel to our events 3-4 times a year
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, and reporting requirements
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, multi-tasking and execution skills
- Ability to use initiative and take ownership of outlined responsibilities
- Highly organized self-starter and able to deal with ambiguity
- Process obsession, an appreciation that over time superior processes lead to better outcomes
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint, including ability to develop financial models and presentations from scratch
- Exemplary interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to land complex concepts across multiple audiences
- An operational mindset, willingness to get your hands dirty and gain exposure to all facets of our business
- Ability to effectively leading multiple projects and balancing competing priorities
- Able to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
You’re interested in:
- Joining a fast growing startup
- A full-time position
- A fully remote work environment with lots of synchronous communication
- All things at the cutting edge of web3
- Traveling to international locations for physical weekend hackathons (e.g., Mexico City, Tokyo, New York, Amsterdam, or other major cities across the world)
Nice to haves
- Experience with Xero
- Familiarity with stablecoins and blockchain payments
- Experience with multisig wallets and wallet security
- Exposure to Canadian corporate tax
- Experience with treasury management
Culture & Perks:
ETHGlobal was early in supporting the crypto community and have been doing so since 2017. We're a small team of 13, and we’re looking for passionate people who are invigorated by the opportunity to have a major impact on how developers learn and grow in this industry. You would be a successful candidate if you are self-motivated, have a sense of urgency, like getting things done, and are committed to learning more about the exciting world of web3.
- Competitive salary (option to be paid in cryptocurrency)
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your dependents (vision, dental, etc.)
- Flexible vacation and remote work policy
- Stipends for home office improvements, meals and additional remote-work benefits
- Travel to global destinations for company events
Canada - Remote
ETHGlobal is growing the most valuable developer community in web3. As the usage of blockchain technology grows, the world is going to need more talented engineers, designers, and product leaders to build the future that blockchain technology is promising.
We work with exactly these kinds of people every single day through the products we organize for our community. By focusing on this community, we think we can accelerate the transition to a crypto-native digital economy.
Historically, ETHGlobal has been about running hackathons around the world (we've run a hackathon in every continent except Antartica!), and we've been very successful at that. Hundreds of people have found jobs from our events, won millions in prizes, and some have even started businesses worth tens to hundreds of millions of dollars. Today, however, we see a path to be something much larger.
Designing at ETHGlobal is about empowering our community to do great things, together. We're a collection of crypto native engineers, community leaders, event organizers, and investors. Together, we will build the best community platform for technical talent in the entire crypto industry.
Oops. In progress...