Staff Backend Engineer
contribute to building the premium blockchain-powered digital collectible experience on the team
a month ago
We are looking for an experienced Staff Backend Engineer to join the engineering department. Your contribution to Candy’s success will be aimed towards building the premium blockchain-powered digital collectible experience on the team. In addition, you will play a prominent role in building databases and operating systems. Above all, you will advance and refine our proprietary technologies, platforms, and creative practices.
We are searching for creative minds that are excited to take on difficulties in the immediate while providing vision to the future. We want builders, innovators, and those that can not only think outside the box, but collaborate outside the box.
- Build core infrastructure software (APIs, microservices, database modeling), instrument them for performance, and enhance for throughput
- Work on integrating backend services such as decentralized databases, user authentication, eCommerce platforms, and customer insight systems into our products
- Work in collaboration with UX engineers and product managers to implement platform requirements
- Write robust, scalable, well-designed software that is easy to maintain and well tested
- Advance and refine our proprietary technologies, platforms, and creative practices
- You have 7+ years experience in a professional engineering role
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, HCI, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- You have experience developing and/or integrating decentralized technologies, infrastructure, and data systems
- You have experience with cloud systems such as Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud
- You have experience building custom SaaS applications and APIs
- Language-agnostic with a preference for experience in Python, Java, and/or Go
- You have a strong comprehension of the modern deployment process, comfort with docker, containers, and/or kubernetes
- You can drive and carry out several initiatives simultaneously
- You take ownership of everything you do and have opinions on the features you’re working on
- You have a love of sports, collectibles, blockchain and crypto!
Culture & Perks:
Our team-based culture provides the foundation for people to do their best work and constantly learn and grow. We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, health coverage, and unlimited vacation. Given that we’re an early-stage startup, our benefits package continues to evolve as we do. Your ideas and suggestions matter to us!
Our Core Values:
- Trust. We safeguard the goal. We believe we will only succeed if we earn trust – trust of our people, trust of our customers, trust of our partners. We will strive to achieve and keep faith at all times.
- Innovation. We dream big. We’re endlessly curious and constantly searching for the best, the better, and the never-before imagined.
- Excellence. We take big swings. We have high expectations of ourselves in everything we do.
- Grit. We push past the finish line until the last second. Giving up is not an option. We will always find a way.
- Inclusion. We are a team player, and we are in it together. We believe that diverse thinking comes from different thinkers, and we need all perspectives to come together and win.
- Authenticity. We are the real deal and always authentic in what we create, our dealings with others, and in who we are as human beings.
- Accountability. We carry the ball. We hold ourselves to the highest moral and ethical standards. We will be fair and honest and take responsibility for our actions.
- Our People. You will be working with the top players who are the most talented, fun, supportive, and innovative leaders and teams. Aka, people you can be proud to work with!
- Our Mission. We believe that we are building something great and that the best things we create will make the world a better place. Our goal is to deepen our connection through experiences to fans and collectors globally.
New York, US
At Candy Digital, we're driven by a single question: How can Web3 technology revolutionize the world of collectibles?
Our mission is to take the passion of being a devoted fan and elevate it to new heights by building a fully immersive digital storefront where fans can buy, sell, and trade their digital collectibles with unique, gamified experiences behind each engagement.
We're proud to have the support of some of the top leaders in the Web3 space, including Galaxy Digital, ConsenSys Mesh, Polygon, and Palm. These partners are revolutionizing how we invest in, build, and interact with digital collectibles. We're excited to work alongside them to create next-generation experiences that deepen fan engagement and connect people to their passions.
Candy is headquartered in New York City, with a hybrid work environment that thrives on community and inclusivity. Led by innovators across the industry, we foster a culture of meaningful engagement and impactful change, always striving to bring enthusiasts closer to the field and reenvision the world of collectibles.
Oops. In progress...