Staff Software Engineer – Devops
build services and automating processes to enable the broader organization to optimize for both speed and quality
a month ago
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer - DevOps at Candy who will be joining a group of passionate innovators responsible for the "backbone" of our product and an integral piece of our platform. You will be tasked with building services and automating processes to enable the broader organization to optimize for both speed and quality.
You will partner closely with senior engineers, architects, and development teams to address cross-cutting concerns. You will work in a fast-paced environment, maintaining a healthy sense of urgency, and continually improving engineering processes and optimizing for quality and efficiency. You are eager to learn and "solve the hard problems".
We are searching for creative minds that are excited to take on difficulties in the immediate while providing vision to the future. We want builders, innovators, and those that can not only think outside the box, but collaborate outside the box.
- Write highly-maintainable, performant code
- Implement and maintain custom tools, quality gates, and services
- Maintain a high-degree of ownership and transparency
- Work closely with engineering leadership and architects to deliver high-quality solutions
- Proactively identify and implement process improvements for the way we write, test, deploy, and monitor code
- Participate in component-level architectural design and code reviews
- Automate unit and integration tests within a CI/CD pipeline
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers
- 5+ years of experience in an account support type role, ideally focused in sports, media, and/or popular culture
- Straight forward problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- A growth mindset
- Previous financial services or start-up experience
- An ease at presenting your work and explaining design decisions
- A love of sports, collectibles, blockchain & crypto, and/or collectibles!
Culture & Perks:
Our team-based culture provides the foundation for people to do their best work and constantly learn and grow. We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, health coverage, and unlimited vacation. Given that we’re an early-stage startup, our benefits package continues to evolve as we do. Your ideas and suggestions matter to us!
Our Core Values:
- Trust. We safeguard the goal. We believe we will only succeed if we earn trust – trust of our people, trust of our customers, trust of our partners. We will strive to achieve and keep faith at all times.
- Innovation. We dream big. We’re endlessly curious and constantly searching for the best, the better, and the never-before imagined.
- Excellence. We take big swings. We have high expectations of ourselves in everything we do.
- Grit. We push past the finish line until the last second. Giving up is not an option. We will always find a way.
- Inclusion. We are a team player, and we are in it together. We believe that diverse thinking comes from different thinkers, and we need all perspectives to come together and win.
- Authenticity. We are the real deal and always authentic in what we create, our dealings with others, and in who we are as human beings.
- Accountability. We carry the ball. We hold ourselves to the highest moral and ethical standards. We will be fair and honest and take responsibility for our actions.
- Our People. You will be working with the top players who are the most talented, fun, supportive, and innovative leaders and teams. Aka, people you can be proud to work with!
- Our Mission. We believe that we are building something great and that the best things we create will make the world a better place. Our goal is to deepen our connection through experiences to fans and collectors globally.
New York, US
At Candy Digital, we're driven by a single question: How can Web3 technology revolutionize the world of collectibles?
Our mission is to take the passion of being a devoted fan and elevate it to new heights by building a fully immersive digital storefront where fans can buy, sell, and trade their digital collectibles with unique, gamified experiences behind each engagement.
We're proud to have the support of some of the top leaders in the Web3 space, including Galaxy Digital, ConsenSys Mesh, Polygon, and Palm. These partners are revolutionizing how we invest in, build, and interact with digital collectibles. We're excited to work alongside them to create next-generation experiences that deepen fan engagement and connect people to their passions.
Candy is headquartered in New York City, with a hybrid work environment that thrives on community and inclusivity. Led by innovators across the industry, we foster a culture of meaningful engagement and impactful change, always striving to bring enthusiasts closer to the field and reenvision the world of collectibles.
Oops. In progress...