take ownership of the accounts payable process for the company, monitor expenditure, develop policies, and support ongoing operations
a month ago
The Finance function at Okcoin is responsible for accounting, tax, treasury, platform operations, customer support assistance, financial reporting, cost management, and financial infrastructure support to drive the overall growth of the business.
The successful candidate will have prior experience in accounts payable functions. You will work directly with the Controller and partner with various functional areas to take ownership of the accounts payable process for the company, monitor expenditure, develop policies, and support ongoing operations.
You should feel comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously, initiate changes and improvements to your areas of responsibility with the end goal of providing excellent support to all the functional teams across the Company.
At your core, you’ll thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans on-the-fly. You must also have strong prioritization skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done. Most importantly, you’ll drive results and significantly grow and improve on our accounts payable process.
- You will get to build global accounts payable processes and policies
- You will also get to optimize and build the Oracle Netsuite ERP module to meet our needs as we scale
- You will report directly to our Controller and manage one direct report
- Improve and develop procedures for the global procure-to-pay process to achieve corporate objectives
- Provide guidance, and training across functional departments regarding account code classifications for purchase requisitions, supplier invoices and expense reports
- Manage all aspects of the corporate credit card and business travel systems
- Oversee expense reimbursement system administration and operations including expense report processing, review and reimbursement, GL posting and accruals
- Review all AP related monthly journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and flux analysis
- Support ad hoc projects related to system upgrades and Financial Statement audits
- Provide mentorship and coaching to team members; encourage professional development
- BS or BA in Finance or Economics
- 8+ years of accounts payable experience working in both public company and scaling technology company
- Experience in global accounts payable processes
- Experience leading, managing, and motivating a strong team
- Experience with Oracle Netsuite ERP
- Experience with expense applications (Expensify, Concur, TripActions, etc)
- Ability to build strong working partnerships and to work thoughtfully with business partners and clients when explaining the functions and policies of accounts payable
- Self-starting problem solver, able to self-identify and execute new tasks as they emerge, and solve problems proactively to full completion without significant direction
- The skillset to work within the demands of a fast-paced startup environment
- Financial technology industry experience
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working across time zones and cross cultural teams
- Bonus points if you have previously worked at a crypto exchange!
- Passionate about blockchain technology and the crypto payments space
Culture & Perks
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The salary range for this position is $95,000 to $142,000.
The salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and market location. In addition to the salary, a performance bonus and long-term incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Okcoin and OKX internal or external careers site.
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible PTO policy, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
San Jose, California, United States
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, San Jose, Austin, New York City, Malta, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
Oops. In progress...