elevate our product experience through working within a variety of established illustration and animation styles
a month ago
The Experience team at Okcoin is a group of multidisciplinary creatives that believe in blending the best of visual and experience design to create delightful products for our customers. Product Design is a strategic, user-centric, and data-informed function within the Design team. We value craft and intuitive interaction to solve complex design problems — balancing user needs and business objectives.
We're seeking a full-time illustrator to elevate our product experience. While you will be working within a variety of established illustration and animation styles, there will be plenty of opportunity to put your own personal spin on things. You will play an essential role in your discipline community, nurturing excellence throughout the entire product team. It will be your responsibility to produce illustrations of the highest quality, at times redefining the concept of what good looks like. As part of the team rituals, you will work with the creative lead, the product designer, the content designer, and the project manager.
- Deliver high-quality custom assets in the product that satisfy both functional and aesthetic needs
- Creative excellence – Evaluate and contribute to the ongoing development of the production pipeline, modifying existing assets and designing new ones
- Able to work in a variety of styles consistent with established Art Direction
- Identify unique problems and create creative solutions (adopting mobile platform features)
- Translate artistic and technical design goals from sketch to final product
- Utilize a global team and draw experience from their depth of experience
- Produce high-quality, raster, and vector symbols, icons, and typographical layouts in Figma, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Analyze, assess, and mitigate technical risks during the development process, as well as identify and resolve any unexpected issues that occur
- Understand advanced UI and UX methodology
- Maintain excellent file organization and follow established processes for asset creation & management, and output configuration
- Work effectively and efficiently in a cross-discipline, distributed team environment
- Maintain professionalism in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- A minimum of 4-6 years of experience illustrating digitally
- A strong portfolio that shows your mastery of art fundamentals - composition, value, storytelling, proportion, and color theory
- A solid conceptual approach in all your work
- Experience in motion production - storyboarding, creating assets, and working with animators to efficiently deliver high-quality videos
- Beginner to intermediate experience in animation
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe CC, especially Illustrator and After Effects
- Intermediate experience in Figma and Procreate
Nice to Haves:
- Traditional illustration, graphic design, and typography skills
- 3D models
- A desire to mentor cross-functional peers and evangelize for great design
- Fluent in Mandarin
Culture & Perks
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Accrued vacation days, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
San Jose, California, United States
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, San Jose, Austin, New York City, Malta, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
Oops. In progress...