Senior Product Designer
help define the future of our products, set strategies, and develop a culture of excellent user experience
a month ago
Our mission is to help the next billion people experience the future of finance. We’re looking for Product Designers to help define the future of our products, set strategies, and develop a culture of excellent user experience in all areas where we interact with customers.
This is an exciting opportunity to deliver exceptional experiences to our customers and help refine core transaction workflows, display of data and key features from strategy through to execution. Join a highly collaborative team and realize autonomy, ownership, and a significant impact across our products reaching millions of customers worldwide.
You will work with the cross-functional Product & Engineering teams to deliver the best experiences for our customers.
- Synthesize needs from Product, Engineering, and Marketing into comprehensive, design deliverables, ensuring design is front-of-mind throughout the product development process
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas that form disruptive new products and features, then designing the workflows and detailed interactions to realize them
- Support the product development process with wireframes, user flows, journey maps, high-fidelity mockups, interactive prototypes, and evaluative research
- Partner with cross-functional peers within Product and Engineering in the US and overseas to define initiatives and create thoughtful solutions—representing design and being the voice for the user throughout the product lifecycle
- Collaborate closely with UX Research, UX Writing, Brand, and Product leadership to shape the overall design vision of your area of ownership
- Consistently elevate the quality of the design by soliciting feedback from peers and stakeholders through formal Design Reviews, presentations and by facilitating design thinking workshops
- Mentor other designers throughout the organization on craft, quality, experience, and processes
- Work with data, whether qualitative or quantitative to make informed design decisions
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience in a Product Design, Interaction Design, or UX Design role
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, as well as the ability to explain ideas and advocate for design decisions
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams of Designers, Product Manager, Engineers, UX Writers, and Researchers
- Familiarity designing for multiple platforms including native and responsive design
- Deep knowledge and application of customer-centric thinking and user centered design methodologies to ensure experiences are accessible and based on customer needs
- Expertise with facilitating discussions and/or workshops to help foster alignment, influence product goals and requirements and generate ideas
- Comfortable facilitating design thinking workshops or design sprints with peers, stakeholders, and leadership
- Passionate about resolving user pain points through intuitive designs
- Strong information architecture knowledge
- Strong understanding of experimentation and moderated research techniques using qualitative or quantitative data to inform and measure the impact of the work
Nice to Haves:
- Bachelor's degree in Design, HCI, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience designing for Fintech, Investment platforms, or Crypto products
- Experience working with global teams across offices and timezones
- A desire to mentor cross-functional peers and evangelize for great design
- Fluent in Mandarin
Culture & Perks
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The salary range for this position is $141,000 to $212,000.
The salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and market location. In addition to the [salary] / [hourly wage], a performance bonus and long-term incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Okcoin and OKX internal or external careers site.
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Accrued PTO policy, company paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
San Jose, California, United States
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone. We make it easy to buy and sell crypto and provide access to passive income earning opportunities.
The Experience team at Okcoin is a global group of multidisciplinary creatives that believe in blending the best of visual and experience design to create delightful products for our customers. Product Design is a strategic, user-centric, and data-informed function within the Design team. We value craft and intuitive interaction to solve complex design problems — balancing user needs and business objectives.
Oops. In progress...