Senior Consensus Researcher
improve the theoretical efficiency, safety, and liveness of the Snow-Family Consensus Algorithms
a month ago
- Improve the theoretical efficiency, safety, and liveness of the Snow-Family Consensus Algorithms
- Produce simulations and papers proving the correctness and liveness of new consensus algorithms
- Collaborate with other researchers in the space and present findings at academic conferences
- Demonstrated capability in subject area (open source code or published work is a bonus)
- Rust, Golang, Java, or C++ programming experience
- You believe in a future where blockchain technologies make the world a more fair and free place for everyone
- You have the desire to work on open-source code and engage with the community. You wish to work together with other talented contributors instead of working alone
- You are a coder. You implement demos and proofs-of-concept before writing multi-page technical documents
- You create and find projects that provide value. You don’t need to wait for someone to tell you what to research or work on. We hire awesome engineers to tell us what we should build, not the other way around
- You have an obsession with code quality and performance. You ship code when it is ready, not as soon as it passes unit tests
Culture & Perks
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Salary Range: $158,400 - $208,200. (**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location)
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k (non-matching)
- Commuter Benefits
- Comprehensive Insurance
- Short-term/long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Happy Hour Fridays
- Team Activities
- Remote-friendly Networking
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote Friendly
- Volunteer Time-Off
- Additional Perks
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? If you've ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company - this is it! We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds.
The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs makes it simple to launch applications using Avalanche, the fastest and most scalable smart contract platform. Founded by the creators of Avalanche, Ava Labs strives to digitize every asset in the world. In addition to building Avalanche and other tools to support the ecosystem, we offer expertise to ensure that all individuals and organizations can seamlessly use Avalanche and its vibrant app ecosystem.
Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform!
Oops. In progress...