Senior Software Engineer, DevOps
be responsible for the stability of the infrastructure and core service layers that Magic rests upon
a month ago
As the Senior DevOps at Magic, you will be responsible for the stability of the infrastructure and core service layers that Magic rests upon, and allow all the different parts of Magic to work smoothly together at scale.
Magic fully operates in a public cloud environment (AWS). We heavily adopt the infrastructure-as-code (IaC) philosophy. We believe in automating infrastructure and operations to scale. System imperfections and inefficiencies are the Bane to your Batman, and pragmatism is your north star.
At Magic, we're looking for team players with passion, empathy, perseverance, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply to this position, even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your talent and merits will stand out. At Magic, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to challenge assumptions and the status-quo.
- Design and implement scalable, highly available infrastructure and application deployment processes
- Automate the provisioning, configuration, and management of infrastructure and applications
- Ensure high levels of availability, security, and performance for our systems and applications
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure smooth and efficient CI/CD pipelines
- Monitor and optimize infrastructure and application performance to identify and resolve potential issues before they become problems
- Keep up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in DevOps and make recommendations for improvements
- Develop internal SLOs and SLIs to drive system reliability and support external SLAs
- Mentor and lead junior team members in DevOps best practices
- Build upon the foundation of the existing infrastructure to support and enhance the team’s productivity
- 5+ years of DevOps experience working in a public cloud environment (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure)
- Expert in containerization technologies (K8s and Docker)
- Expert in building and implementing CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Circle CI, Travis CI, AWS codePipeline/codeBuild, or similar
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Hands-on DevOps experience in the production environment with deep knowledge of modern SRE skills and concepts (Monitoring, SLAs, Observability, Automation, etc.)
- Production experience in system design, networking and virtual cloud implementation
- Production experience with Hashicorp products (Terraform, Vault, Boundary, etc.)
- Strong expertise in automation and scripting, such as Python, Bash, or Ruby
Culture & Perks
- Compensation Range - $180K-$230K
- Fully remote team and flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited paid time off
- 99% coverage of platinum-level Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- 401(k) program
- Top-of-the-line equipment
- $300 monthly budget for home office needs and professional development
- Annual team meetups
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Family planning and reproductive health benefit with $5,000 lifetime reimbursement through Maven
- Discretionary performance bonus
- Commission eligible
San Francisco, California, United States - Remote
Founded by the creators of Fortmatic, Magic is a Web3 infrastructure company that empowers developers to create seamless and secure user onboarding experiences, abstracting away the complexities of blockchain technology. We are backed by top investors such as Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, SV Angel, Social Capital, Northzone, Placeholder, Naval Ravikant, Alexis Ohanian, and Balaji Srinivasan.
To date, Magic has enabled more than 91,000 developers and enterprises to onboard over 15 million users to the Web3 ecosystem — and we continue to grow rapidly. We are trusted by leading NFT marketplaces such as Immutable, Niftys, OpenSea, Decentraland, and major enterprise Web2 companies alike.
If you are excited to make Web3 accessible and help onboard the next billion users, let’s chat!
Oops. In progress...