Risk and Compliance Analyst
Identify the need for, design and test TaxBit security controls
3 weeks ago
Oops. In progress...
The Risk and Compliance Analyst is an integral part of the growing Security organization of TaxBit. This role will identify the need for, deign and test TaxBit security controls.
The role will work with cross-functional teams to establish technology controls as we adhere to a security compliance framework.
In addition, it will serve as the auditing function of TaxBit, will monitor and evaluate TaxBit's high risk vendors, as well as establish controls and processes as it relates to our annual DOC 2 and ISO compliance.
- Assist the Director of Security and Risk/Compliance Program Manager in the design and testing of technology controls
- Work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to mitigate or reduce identified risks
- Author and improve team procedure and processes regarding security compliance
- Demonstrate TaxBit's security capabilities by responding to security questionnaires
- Evaluate third parties for potential security risks related to the services they provide
- Idenfity, evaluate and manage security risk related to the services they provide
- Continually improve upon the GRC tool capabilities
- Conduct team member training on security and risk topics
- Under director from the Director of Security, actively engage with team members and audit firms on ensuring compliance with compliance frameworks (ISO27001, SOC2)
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or a technical field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering)
- Overall 3-4 years of experience in GRC and/or other security roles
- Understanding of security standards and frameworks such as ISO 27001, SOC 2, NIST, 800-53, NIST CSF
- Knowledge of security best practices and defense in depth strategies
- Working knowledge of Privacy regulation (GDPR, CCPA)
- Experience conducting risk assessments and monitoring a risk register
- Graduate degree in Business, Accounting or a technical field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering)
- Experience with FedRamp
- Previous experience in FinTech, Big4, Accounting or other financial experience
Culture & Perks:
The base salary range for this role is $98,000 - $156,000. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, and benefits. Actual compensation will vary depending on various job-related factors, including, but not limited to location, experience, level, and job qualifications.
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- A robust offering of health, dental, and vision benefits with certain plans eligible for 100% premium coverage
- An investment in your mental wellbeing with free access to Headspace as well as company-wide mental health days/weeks
- A modern 401(k) plan that includes access to crypto, financial wellness benefits, low fees, and more
- Unlimited Time Off - enjoy the flexibility to take time away to rest, refuel, and recharge whenever needed and without worry
- Paid parental leave to bond with your new child
- Inclusive activities such as rock climbing, trivia/game nights, monthly mingles, and more!
- Company-provided Friday Lunches and unlimited snacks/drinks
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed
New York, New York, United States
Founded in 2018 by CPAs, tax attorneys, and software developers, TaxBit is establishing an entirely new category of business to enable widespread adoption of cryptocurrency and other digital assets.
Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines our customers’ reporting and accounting experience for the digital asset class. We are trusted by thousands of consumers, leading crypto and traditional financial enterprises, government agencies—including the IRS— respected accounting firms, and others to solve compliance challenges at scale amid an ever-evolving regulatory landscape.
TaxBit investors include Haun Ventures, IVP, Insight Partners, Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in New York City, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington, D.C.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members who are ready to join a hypergrowth company and excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.