Drive relationship-building efforts with app developers, sourcing and identifying projects that align with the Monad vision
3 weeks ago
After strict focus on developing our core technology, Monad blockchain is quickly approaching its Testnet v0 release. Ahead of that launch, we are excited to welcome our first business-focused hires to lead partnerships and engagement.
In Business Development, you will be a voice of the Monad blockchain to developer groups and project partners. You will drive relationship-building efforts with app developers, sourcing and identifying projects that align with the Monad vision. You will guide partnership roadmaps, lead and structure deals, and manage partner relationships going forward. You’ll develop a systematic process for building partnerships and maintaining relationships. You will define our BD strategy, determining priorities and plans to onboard launch partners for Monad’s testnet in Q1 2023 and mainnet in Q3 2023.
This role is on the critical path of Monad’s growth, and will have a direct impact on creating a more diverse, efficient, and usable crypto ecosystem. Please note that this is not a senior role.
- You’ll be tasked with challenging deliverables, drawing on your creativity and ingenuity
- Meet with many prospective launch partners, sell them on Monad, and negotiate agreements
- Build and expand a pipeline of crypto partners
- Create tools and KPIs to measure success within the team
- Manage the relationship with key partners
- Attend events as representative of Monad
- Support the Monad GTM effort where needed, potentially across Growth, BD, and Marketing segments
- You’ll be on the front lines of the BD process from the ground up, and you’ll help shape the culture and direction of our effort
- You’re crypto-native; you have excellent knowledge of major DeFi projects and categories
- You understand the needs and drivers of a L1, L2 or DeFi infrastructure project
- You have at least 1 year of relevant hands-on sales experience in crypto / deep tech
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have excellent negotiation and closing skills
- You can explain technical innovations to a layperson
Required personal attributes:
- High EQ / charisma
- Low ego
- Ambition/desire to make a massive impact
- Independence; you thrive on a high level of autonomy and ownership
- Excellent organizational skills
- Extremely strong work ethic
- Ability to travel globally for conferences and hackathons
- Enthusiasm for Monad’s mission of helping decentralization scale
- Entrepreneurial, extroverted and outgoing, a go-getter with people-forward personality
- Resourceful, self-motivated, independent; able to identify immediately necessary tasks and execute in a fast-paced, sometimes-ambiguous start up environment
- Results-driven and adaptive in a fast-paced role working with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strategy-minded; able to develop strategy to a global scale
- Thoughtful, well-spoken and well-written; able to synthesize complex ideas in digestible, reachable language
- Experience in early-stage startups
- Existing relationships in the DeFi or Web3 Gaming space
Culture & Perks:
Why work with us:
- You’ll meaningfully advance the growth of decentralization by helping Monad’s technology reach many more developers
- You’ll be part of a small, exceptionally talented team
- You’ll wear many hats and take on significant responsibilities
- You’ll receive a competitive salary and equity package
- You’ll shape the culture as an early employee and make impactful contributions from day one
- Your work will be deeply impactful, enabling much cheaper and more efficient decentralized computation and ultimately paving the way for new dapps that improve many people’s lives
Salary and benefits:
Minimum full-time salary of $100,000 - $150,000. (**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary; a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
Monad Labs’ benefits include unlimited and encouraged paid time off; 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage; home office equipment stipend; monthly wellness/fitness stipend; and 11 company-observed holidays.
The majority of our team is in NYC and works together a few days a week. We are open to remote candidates in the US and Canada, with a strong preference for candidates based in (or able to relocate to) NYC.
NYC (preferred) / US, Canada - Remote
Monad Labs is creating the foundation for a new world of powerful decentralized applications. We’ve developed the first parallel EVM executor, and have paired it with significant innovations on consensus, pipelining, and storage to build the Monad blockchain, an ultra-performant EVM-equivalent blockchain supporting 10,000 TPS while remaining highly decentralized.
Founded by Jump Trading alums, our team solves challenging problems in distributed systems engineering and low-latency optimization, authoring software innovations that enable a new, high-performance decentralized system that is backward-compatible with existing EVM apps and Ethereum infrastructure. We are backed by notable leaders in the crypto space, including Dragonfly, Cobie, and Hasu.
Our mission is to enable a new universe of decentralized apps—use cases and user flows that are currently impossible—by drastically reducing EVM computation costs. Ultimately, our work will unleash the power of decentralization to make the world more efficient and fair.
Monad’s technology is unique. We go where very few teams go (rewriting the VM to enable parallelization and other optimizations; extreme emphasis on performance optimization). Our technology will be a meaningful step forward for the crypto ecosystem by enabling much wider adoption of more sophisticated and useful apps.
Oops. In progress...