Devise and execute on strategies that build our presence among developers and crypto-native users
3 weeks ago
After a strict focus on developing our core technology, the Monad blockchain is quickly approaching its Testnet v0 release. Ahead of that launch, we are excited to welcome a first Growth hire. Because of the nature of our technological offering, Monad has the potential to grow into one of the biggest projects in crypto—your job will be to help it get there. You will work directly with our CEO to devise and execute on strategies that build our presence among developers and crypto-native users.
You will need to be scrappy in tackling the many challenges facing an early-stage project, and strategic in identifying what initiatives or improvements to prioritize. You’ll need to be both creative and data-driven. We are looking for someone who loves crypto, is creative, is ambitious, is organized, and has substantial experience with growing a crypto project.
This role is crucial to Monad’s success, and will ultimately have a massive impact on helping crypto achieve mass adoption.
- You’ll accelerate the growth of the Monad blockchain by developing and executing creative strategies to drive user acquisition, leveraging all channels and all resources at our disposal
- You’ll refine our GTM strategy and identify the core marketing OKRs and KPIs that serve as our foundation for growth
- You’ll tighten the product language that drives our positioning. We need to clearly explain our USPs to both developers and users
- You’ll build, test, and refine funnels for user acquisition
- You’ll develop Monad brand and voice on twitter, and develop strategies for various media (reddit, tiktok, youtube, etc)
- You’ll use data and analytics for decision-making, establishing a culture of data-driven experimentation
- You’ll engage with the user and developer community to identify areas of future collaboration
- You have 2 or more years of experience in growth/marketing for a crypto project, where you’ve meaningfully grown the userbase with clear KPIs
- You are passionate about crypto. You have excellent knowledge of the crypto ecosystem (major projects and what they do, as well as major narratives and personalities on CT)
- You excel at product marketing fundamentals: positioning, messaging, launch management, and sales enablement. You can demonstrate this through the interview process with specific examples, details, and outcomes
- You can balance strategy and execution
- You know how to leverage data
- You are independent; you thrive on a high level of autonomy, responsibility, and ownership
- You are creative
- You have a hustler mentality; founding a company or building side projects is a plus
- Professional marketing experience in traditional B2B software
- Good technical knowledge of crypto protocols
- Existing relationships in the crypto space
- Public speaking ability
Culture & Perks:
Why work with us:
- Huge opportunity. EVM is ubiquitous but existing EVM-compatible chains are very slow. Monad’s core innovations offer devs the best of both worlds (portability and performance) and are a game-changer for mass user adoption in crypto
- The right team. Pushing the limits of decentralized computation requires unique low-latency engineering talent. Our team has nearly ten years of experience staying at the top of brutally efficient TradFi markets by building ultra-low-latency distributed systems for high-frequency trading. We’re assembling a similarly world-class team in BD, Growth, DevRel, and Community. Check out our team here
- Culture. We’re a lean team working closely together to achieve very ambitious goals. We are united in our belief that we will completely change the future of decentralized computation, and we take pride in our culture of collaboration and low ego. As an early member of our team, you’ll help continue to shape our culture
- Impactful work. Your work will be deeply impactful, making decentralized computation orders of magnitude cheaper and more plentiful, ultimately paving the way for new dapps that improve many people’s lives
- Compensation. You’ll receive a very competitive salary and equity package
- Resources and growth. We’re well-capitalized, with backing from leading venture funds like Dragonfly and Placeholder, and from leaders in the space like Cobie and Hasu. We keep a lean team, and this is a rare opportunity to join. You’ll learn a lot and grow as our company scales
Salary and benefits:
Minimum full-time salary of $100,000 - $175,000. (**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary; a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location).
Monad Labs’ benefits include unlimited and encouraged paid time off; 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage; home office equipment stipend; monthly wellness/fitness stipend; and 11 company-observed holidays.
The majority of our team is in NYC and works together a few days a week. We are open to remote candidates, with a preference for candidates based in or able to relocate to NYC.
NYC (Preferred)/US, Canada - Remote
Monad Labs is creating the foundation for a new world of powerful decentralized applications. We’ve developed the first parallel EVM executor, and have paired it with significant innovations on consensus, pipelining, and storage to build the Monad blockchain, an ultra-performant EVM-equivalent blockchain supporting 10,000 TPS while remaining highly decentralized.
Founded by Jump Trading alums, our team solves challenging problems in distributed systems engineering and low-latency optimization, authoring software innovations that enable a new, high-performance decentralized system that is backward-compatible with existing EVM apps and Ethereum infrastructure. We are backed by notable leaders in the crypto space, including Dragonfly, Cobie, and Hasu.
Our mission is to enable a new universe of decentralized apps—use cases and user flows that are currently impossible—by drastically reducing EVM computation costs. Ultimately, our work will unleash the power of decentralization to make the world more efficient and fai
Oops. In progress...