Financial Risk Manager
Supporting the Group Head of Risk to mature the financial and credit risk framework for the Bitstamp Group
2 weeks ago
Bitstamp, the world's longest running crypto exchange is looking for an experienced Financial Risk Manager to join a dynamic team that sets standards in the industry. This is an opportunity to join a growing international company with a leading position in one of the most promising sectors of finance.
The successful candidate will report to the Group Head of Risk Management and the role is based in Luxembourg.
The Financial Risk Manager must have excellent quantitative and analytical skills, along with the ability to apply those skills across a variety of business processes. The Financial Risk Manager must have experience in developing risk models involving capital, market, credit, counterparty, and operational risk. They assure controls are operating effectively and provide research and analytical support.
- Supporting the Group Head of Risk to mature the financial and credit risk framework for the Bitstamp Group
- Collaboration with process owners to facilitate appropriate management and control of all financial risk types, involving capital, market, credit, counterparty, and operational risk
- Participation in development of key risk and early warning indicators and monitoring
- Reporting of findings to the management and recommends appropriate mitigating actions, as well as implementation timescales
- Driving a risk-aware culture, ensures efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to standards and processes
- Performing financial risk assessments: Analyzing current risks and identifying potential risks that are affecting the company
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in relevant fields acquired in Audit firms and/or financial institutions
- Experience in risk management with strong knowledge of financial risk and process control
- Good understanding of the applicable regulatory framework
- Ability to operate independently
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of Tableau or other interactive BI tool
- Knowledge of Python/MATLAB/R
- Understanding of market microstructure
Culture & Perks
Bitstamp offers professional development opportunity, a competitive compensation & benefits program, and a flexible work environment that values fresh perspective and new ideas.
- Work from home or other location that allows you to be most productive
- Generous home-office allowances upon joining to help set up your home space
- Incentives: Financial Rewards, Bitstamp Employee Annual Awards, Employee Incentive program (EIP) etc.
- Sports and cultural activities, pet-friendly offices, a full fridge, teambuilding events, Bitstamp parties
We started small in 2011, with just two laptops and big aspirations. Fast forward to today and we have grown to serve over 4 million clients across the globe, who benefit from our commitment to security, transparency and regulation. Whether it’s through our intuitive web and mobile apps or arsenal of industry-leading APIs, Bitstamp is where crypto enters the world of finance.
Our success is a result of the innovative ideas, talented individuals, and passion of our team. Together, we have helped shaped the crypto industry and continue to do so. We are always on the lookout for new talent and crypto-curious thinkers who share our passion for the future of finance.
Oops. In progress...