Take holistic ownership over our data management and analyses needs
3 weeks ago
Scroll is building a bytecode-compatible zkEVM rollup to scale Ethereum. We have launched several testnets in preparation of deploying to mainnet and started generating significant data volumes.
We are now looking for a BI Engineer to take holistic ownership over our data management and analyses needs. This person will help us understand how users and developers are using our networks in order to continuously and in a quantifiable way inform our product roadmap and business priority setting process.
- Work with internal stakeholders on identifying analytics and pipeline needs
- Design, set up and maintain a company-wide data pipeline and data lake
- Develop custom, Scroll business-specific data connectors
- Monitor traffic, activity & user experience in our networks
- Identify and automate the identification of anomalies, design and apply a process for responding to them
- Create visual analytics dashboards for various levels of granularity (geared towards variously technical teams)
- Distill from the data and prioritize actionable change requests/suggestions in order to improve the overall user experience
- Educate colleagues about planning for BI when developing products, about continuously maintaining high-quality high-completness data across Scroll, and about when and how to actually use BI’s insights
- Answer ad-hoc quantifiable/data queries from various teams
- Interdisciplinary background in computer science and economics, entrepreneurship, or business
- Holistic, autonomous, proactive approach to responsibly owning Scroll’s BI-Engineering area end-to-end
- Good communicator, able to convey complex technical/engineering insights in an easily-digestible form to non-technical colleagues and partners
- Hands-on coding and data analytics systems architecture experience (min. 3 years)
- Engineering-level experience with blockchains
- Experience with data analytics platforms (Dune, The Graph, Snowflake etc.)
Culture & Perks
Scroll is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need, please let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate.
- Work from anywhere with flexible hours
- Generous paid time off
- Home office set up
- Annual growth budget
- Coworking membership allowance
- Private healthcare (in selected countries)
- Competitive salary package
Scroll is an EVM-equivalent zkRollup to scale Ethereum. Technically speaking, Scroll is built upon two major pieces. The core piece is the zkEVM, which is used to prove the correctness of EVM execution in Layer 2. We have been building it in the open with the Privacy and Scaling Explorations group at the Ethereum Foundation for over a year. But to turn the zkEVM into a full zkRollup on the Ethereum, we also need to build a complete L2 architecture around it.
Oops. In progress...