BLOCKCHAIN AFRICA CONFERENCE 2023
Bitcoin Events’ flagship event
Mar 16 - Mar 17
About The Event
Bitcoin Events’ flagship event, the Blockchain Africa Conference, returns on 16-17 March 2023 for the 9th edition as a hybrid edition: in Johannesburg, South Africa and virtually.
It is about the big ideas, market disruptors, top industry trends and technologies on which the future marketplace will operate. The conference will focus on global trends with a focus on Africa on particular, and how market players can capitalise on the opportunities and best respond to the threats.
The global rate of blockchain adoption has been showcased over the years at the Blockchain Africa Conference with the themes evolving from ‘Beyond the Hype’, ‘From Hype to Mainstream’, ‘Ready for Business?’ and the 2023 theme “Ready for Business’ (no question mark).
Leaving hype and speculation behind, the conference will focus on the application of blockchain technology across public and private sectors by global business leaders, organisations and innovators.
Key streams are:
- Blockchain-based use-cases across both financial and non-financial industries
- Cryptocurrency/digital asset regulation
- Blockchain technology hurdles and challenges
The objectives are:
- To provide contextual understanding of blockchain technology and the opportunities that it presents for Africa
- To deliver well-structured content that will meet the needs of different stakeholders and different industries
- To provide networking opportunities focused on creating business partnerships and collaborations that will create employment, drive economic growth and catapult development
What to expect:
Network with some of the industry’s most progressive professionals across industries like finance, insurance, logistics, utilities, legal, media, and more
Experience some of the most innovative blockchain technology and crypto projects and their use cases first-hand
- GLOBAL EXPERTS
Hear from exclusive visionary speakers with enterprise implementation case studies and solutions presented exclusively at the conference
The Blockchain Africa Conference is an event that captivates and educates a global audience as Bitcoin Events continues to educate the African community, spread awareness and encourage networking within the space.
Join us at Africa’s leading blockchain and cryptocurrency conference, the 9th edition of the Blockchain Africa Conference, which will be hosted as an in-person event for the first time since 2020.
- Fifi Peters (Master of ceremonies) - Award Winning Financial Journalist | Anchor at CNBC Africa | Host of SAfm Market Update with Moneyweb
- Rene Reinsberg - Co-Founder of Celo and President at Celo Foundation
- Julien Bouteloup - Founder of Stake Capital Group (Stake DAO, BlackPool Finance, rekt.news) and Curve Core Team Member
- Ran Neu Ner - Co-founder and CEO of Onchain Capital, Founder at Crypto Bantera
- Yosuke Yoshida - Co-CEO of EMURGO Japan
- John Kamara - Founder of Adanian Labs and Afyarekod and Chairman of the African Blockchain Centreis
- Briana Marbury - Executive Director of the Interledger Foundation
- Dr. Christopher Cleverly - President at Tingo International Holdings
- Michaël van de Poppe - Chief Executive Officer and Founder Eight BV
- Prof. Angela Itzikowitz - Executive in ENSafrica’s Banking and Finance department
- Tunji Odumubon - Executive Director at EMTECH
- Prof. Dr. Bettina Schneider - Professor of Cybersecurity and Blockchain at FHNW University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland
- Eduard Peris - Founder and Managing Director at ImpactPlus.io
- Ayn du Bazane - Senior Fintech Analyst at the South African Reserve Bank and Chairperson of the Intergovernmental Fintech Working Group’s (IFWG)
- Dr. Ntuthuko Bhengu - Founder and Executive Chairman, Alchemy Health Technologies (Pty) Ltd
- Gerhard van Deventer - Senior Fintech Analyst at the South African Reserve Bank
- Maya Caddle - Chief of Staff at Nestcoin