European Web3 Summit
The Summit where Web3 Meets EU Policymakers and Web2 Businesses
May 23 - May 24
About The Event
EW3S is a meta-platform coordinated by blockchain-related NGOs to facilitate open dialogue between Web3 and policymakers in Europe to help innovations flourish.
It is an exclusive invitation-only event, that will foster a continuous dialog and knowledge exchange between European's regulators, policymakers, and Web3 to develop a resilient ecosystem for Web3.
European Web3 Summit in the numbers:
- 5 Main streams: infrastructure, business, regulation, investments, society
- 12Armchair panels with a moderator and 5 speakers each
- 10 Fireside chats: in-depth conversations between a speaker and a moderator
- 150 Guests
- 60 Speakers
- 20 Policymakers
- 30 Media outlets
1/ Policymakers involved in crypto assets regulation in Europe
2/ Web3 companies and entrepreneurs:
- DeFi, NFT, Metaverse, Blockchain gaming, Digital Identity
- Blockchains, Exchanges, Wallets, AML/KYC, and other service providers
3/ Financial institutions:
- TradFi, Crypto VCs, Institutional investors, Custodians, etc.
4/ Civil society
6/ Web2 businesses that discover Web3 opportunities
- Is Europe ready for Web3?
- Policies & Strategies for WEB3 Transformation in Europe
- “Liberté, égalité, fraternité”. Can Web3 create a more just & equal society?
- Nurturing Emerging Technologies through the EU’s MiCA Regulation.
- Shifting Europe’s Web2 private sector into the Web3 future.
- Regulatory Practices from outside the EU: Switzerland, Lichtenstein, UK, Singapore, OAE.
- Developing Web3 Economies to advance the EU Green Deal.
- Looking Ahead: Which Web3 innovations next, how do we fund them?
- Could Ukraine become a European innovations sandbox?
Key strategic goals
- Develop efficient European policy and regulatory framework for Web3 to provide a strong and reliable basis for Web3 economies.
- Inspire meaningful business transformations from WEB2 to WEB3 and rapid growth of new and innovative European Web3 businesses.
- Build large-scale communication strategies and educational programs - both for European policymakers and civil society
- Christiane Kirketerp De Viron - Head of Unit for Cybersecurity and Digital Privacy
- Irakli Beridze - Head of the Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, United Nations, UNICRI
- Nadiia Vasylieva - Director of Digital Transformation Institute in Ukraine
- Francesco Paolo Pati - Council Member European Law Institute (ELI), Associate Proffesor at Università Bocconi, head of Blockchain Lawyers
- Teana Baker-Taylor - Vice President, Policy & Regulatory Strategy, Circle, UK/EU
- Pierre Noro - Expert in decentralized governance and blockchain-based social innovation
- Mariana De La Roche Wills - Regulatory Affairs Expert, IOTA; Co-Chair of the Social Impact and Sustainability Working Group, INATBA
- François Gardin - Senior Advisor to the Green Digital Finance Alliance, leading NGOs, institutional investors and initiatives in the field of environmental finance
- Elizabeth Rossiello - CEO and founder of AZA Finance, a global payments and fx fintech
- Dr Joachim Schwerin - Principal Economist in the unit responsible for the Digital Transformation of Industry within the Directorate-General Internal Market
- Helen Köpman - Deputy Head of Unit for Digital Markets - Technological and Economic Assessment, at DG CNECT, European Commission
- Courtney Williams - Business Architect and Innovation Strategist leading market development and fostering adoption of blockchain and metaverse related technologies
- Sarah Gottwald - Managing director of Blockchain Founders Group, a start-up builder in the web3 and blockchain ecosystem
- Esther Val - Head of Partnerships at Climatecoin; works for various ReFi projects like ImpactScope, Crystalchain and Zero Labs
- Erich Schnoeckel - Business Development Director for Zaisan and Token Expert at 2Tokens.org, specialised in democratising finance
- Mike Durrie - Editor in Chief of the global impact think – and do – tank The Digital Economist
- Santiago Abraham - Association manager at BerChain e.V.
- Alla Aboudaka - Founding Director of Access Advisors
- Dr Lisa Cameron - Member of the UK Parliament, Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Cryptocurrency and Digital Assets
- Stephan Pouyat - Chief Strategy Officer and Managing Director at The Digital Economist
- Maria Staszkiewicz - The Secretary General of the European Digital Finance Association (EDFA)
- Sarah Palurovic - Executive Director at the Digital Euro Association and Project Manager at the Frankfurt School Blockchain Center
- Daniel Michaels - Brussels Bureau Chief of The Wall Street Journal
- Hugo Volz Oliveira - Founding member and secretary at New Economy Institute
- Ioana Surpateanu - Chief Innovation Officer for Swash and NED for CryptoUK
- Sunny Jiang - Founder and CEO of MaasVentures, blockchain for impact, metaverse and tokenization as a service
- Sheila Warren - CEO of the Crypto Council for Innovation
- Frans Scholten - Venture Capital Lead at Flow Traders Capital
- and more...!