Blockchain Ireland Week
A programme of events bringing entrepreneurs, developers and corporate leaders together to build momentum and create opportunities in blockchain technology
May 29 - May 30
About The Event
Blockchain Ireland Week is a programme of events bringing entrepreneurs, developers and corporate leaders together to build momentum and create opportunities in blockchain technology, crypto and Web3 across the island of Ireland.
Digital convergence: blockchain as the nexus of technology, business, and finance
Blockchain and distributed ledger technologies (DLT) have matured to be the nexus that brings together the digitalisation of business and finance as the foundation for the new digital economy, delivering stability, trust, and transparency.
This trend has strongly manifested in Ireland, where more than 50 blockchain, crypto and Web3 companies have been created in Ireland, with the majority being established over the last 3 years.
As businesses struggle to understand how digital and crypto assets can be safely included in their interests, regulators and advisories work together with legislatures and industry to understand the needs of the ecosystem.
All the while, sustainability is a constant thread underlying efforts and concerns. In fact, many commentators and thought leaders consider blockchain as an enabling technology towards the science-based targets and common reporting frameworks that are now being adopted by responsible corporate citizens around the world.
Blockchain Ireland Week 2023 will tackle these themes through a programme of expert speakers, panels and community engagement to facilitate the exchange of diverse insights, experiences and innovations.
Join us to gauge the state of the art in blockchain, DLT, Web3 and crypto.
- Michael McGrath - Minister of Finance, Government of Ireland
- Steve Vallas - Managing Director, Blockchain APAC
- Filippo Chisari - MAnaging Partner, AgileGTM
- Ben Mayor White - Founder of FrensCo
- Dr. Jennifer Carrol MacNeill - Minister of State, Department of Finance
- Paul Astengo - Senioe Executive, HM Government of Gibraltar
- Brian McGleenon - Digital Asset and Cryptocurrency Correspondent, Yahoo! Finance
- Ronit Ghose - Global Head, Future of Finance Citi Global Insights
- Gerry Cross - Director, Financial Regulation - Policy & Risk Central Bank of Ireland
- Barry Lowry - Chief Information Officer at Department of Public Expenditure and Reform, Irish Government
- Brian Ruane - CEO, Government Securitize Services Corp & Clearance & Collateral Management, BNY Mellon
- Teana Baker-Taylor - VP, Policy & Regulatory Strategy UK/EU, Circle
- Anthony Scaramucci - Managing Director, SkyBridge
- and more...!