500 Launches Program
launch a project and get help with product development, fundraising, and talent recruit
13 months ago
projects to apply
Applications of each launch must have prototyped a feature-full product. Harmony helps incubate these founding teams with product development, fundraising, and talent recruitment.
Our recommendations for the project:
- all codebases, development materials, and production assets associated with your proposal be fully open, preferably with MIT or BSD licenses
- early feedback from our community and our DAOs (e.g. ONEcommunityDAO, ONEdeveloperDAO, ONEincubatorDAO, etc) after posting the proposal and weekly updates posted on Harmony's forum
- all services and apps deployed must be easily clonable.
who can apply
The team should be ready with a proof-of-concept; whitepapers, slide decks, and blog posts are all welcome to reinforce a proposal. Code written and deployed speaks volumes.
As for DAO formations, we recommend a 5-of-9 multisig account on Gnosis Safe with 3 governors from the project team, 3 governors from the project community, and 3 governors from Harmony DAOs – namely, ONEcommunityDAO, ONEdeveloperDAO, ONEincubatorDAO.
how to apply
All funding proposals are sent in via Harmony's public forum! Just like how blockchains are transparent, so are our proposals. Click on the embedded link in the description to get started immediately.
Our goal is to respond with first contact within 2 working days. We'll interact with you through the thread on the forum post where you've submitted your proposal. Keep an eye out on your email's mailbox, by default you should receive emails on threads that you're on (and don't turn that off!)
We recommend a $50K equity-free contribution each:
- $10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet
- $10K after forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with our DAOs
- $10K after launching on our mainnet with audit
- $10K after 1K daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion)
- $10K after 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process)
We ask for a 3-month exclusive campaign with Harmony before launching with other chains. We also offer follow-on investments (see Investments below)
about the grant program
The ultimate goal is to grow the adoption of the Harmony protocol to be the platform of choice when building real-world solutions that are secure, scalable, and affordable to use. This naturally comes with increased utility and adoption of the protocol, achieving the mission of Harmony delivered to the 10 billion people.