NOM Protocol Specialist
research, analyze, and interface with the protocols and staking communities that Lido participates in
12 months ago
Node Operator Management (NOM) is a sub-organization within Lido responsible for helping the DAO define, adopt, and implement policies and procedures around node operator (NO) registry management, onboarding, operations, and protocol performance and health.
NOM is looking for a Protocol Specialist who will work with the Master of Validators (Head of NOM) to research, analyze, and interface with the protocols and staking communities that Lido participates in. The role’s focus is to serve as resident expert for multiple of the networks that Lido has a footprint on, and to develop deep familiarity with the dynamics around staking for that domain.
- understanding the complexities, nuances, and key developments that underlie the networks the Protocol Specialist covers;
- being aware of and engaging with protocol governance (on- and off-chain);
- engaging and establishing a firm presence with the developer, researcher, and operator ecosystem on each respective network; and
- being a conduit of information and source of context internally, enabling robust decision making at the higher levels within Lido.
This is a full-time, remote-first position where you will be working with the DAO. Our contributors and stakeholders are spread throughout the globe, so hours vary, but we do our best to ensure that most meetings occur during times where all parties can reasonably attend.
- Assist in the execution of NOM core activities, including but not limited to:
- a) Identifying and scoping possible new strategic, business, or investment opportunities (e.g. network expansions), in cooperation with the Protocol and Business Development teams
- b) Working with Marketing & Communications on various initiatives, including:
- Developing and reviewing documentation and guides with regards to how Lido interacts with specific staking ecosystems (both internal and external)
- Creating guides on how node operators can participate in the various Lido on X protocols
- Collecting and maintaining resources for node operators looking to get more experience staking on various protocols, as well as how to grow their organizations
- Being an active participant and representative of Lido in both on- and off- chain governance
- Engaging with technical communities to encourage open exchange of information and expertise
- Assist the Master of Validators in developing and executing a framework for protocol risk assessments and mitigation strategies
- Represent Lido NOM in industry working groups, and at industry conferences
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration
Applicants should ideally be highly independent, able to both dive deep and zoom out as needed, and effective communicators. We are looking for someone that is comfortable in a highly unstructured environment and able to manage multiple threads simultaneously.
- Fluency in English, with experience in research and technical writing
- Leading understanding of existing and upcoming Proof of Stake protocols, and especially the intricacies of validator operations for each protocol (Lido currently operates on: Ethereum, Solana, Polygon, Polkadot, Kusama, and will soon be launching on Cosmos and Avalanche)
- Strong critical thinking and the ability to zoom in / out of detail as needed based on circumstance and challenge at hand
- Strong presentation and persuasion skills in both internal and external settings
- Knowledge of data synthesis, analysis, economics, and protocol governance are must-haves
- Strong working knowledge of industry ecosystem and mechanics
culture & perks
This is a unique opportunity to work deeply in the blockchain ecosystem on a globally distributed team. Lido is a team working on the cutting edge of decentralized finance (DeFi) while standardizing new forms of employment along the way.
- An international team of skilled experts
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary & bonus paid and excellent international career opportunities
- Well-being & Mental Health support program
- Full tech/equipment set-up, which is relevant to executing tasks
- A high degree of autonomy, no micromanagement
- Ownership culture
Lido is the leading liquid staking solution, providing a simple and secure way to earn interest on a range of digital assets. Staking via Lido ensures that your assets remain liquid and can be used across a range of DeFi applications to earn extra yield.
Lido launched on Ethereum with the mission of keeping the Beacon Chain decentralized and democratising access for shakers with less than 32 ETH. It has since launched on a number of other Proof-of-Stake blockchains including Solana, Polkadot, Kusama and Polygon with others in development.