Senior Back-end Web3 Developer
build, maintain, and innovate on the aragonOSx protocol
2 weeks ago
Oops. In progress...
As a Senior Back-end Web3 Developer at Aragon, you will be joining the OS team, building, maintaining, and innovating on the aragonOSx protocol, used by both in-house and third-party developers for creating and managing the next generation of digital organizations.
What do we expect from a Senior Back-end Web3 Developer?
- You turn developer needs into production-ready code, always keeping the user in mind. You consider why developers choose our protocol, their challenges, and their impact on our technical design
- You take ideas from their initial conception, through technical design, implementation, documentation, deployment, and live maintenance. At each stage of the pipeline, you are focused on high quality, secure delivery
- You’re a solidity wizard or are eager to be one. At a minimum, you’ve deployed Ethereum mainnet smart contracts to solve a real business need
- You confidently own components of our tech stack, provide clear documentation, and serve as a “go-to” resource. Nevertheless, you avoid becoming a bottleneck on a small team, so you are continuously sharing and spreading knowledge across the team
- You are enthusiastic to coordinate across our various squads, and further deepen your knowledge of the ever-expanding technologies of web3
- You are a natural collaborator. You leverage code reviews to enhance your team's work, improve commits, and learn something yourself. During daily standup, you know when you are needed and proactively solve your teammate’s problems
- 5+ years delivering software to real users, ideally in a fast-paced startup environment
- Proven solidity experience
- Solid knowledge of languages like Go or Rust
- Experience working on open source projects, ideally in blockchain, cryptography, smart contracts, decentralized systems, or any related technology in the web3 ecosystem
- Knowledge of how to work in agile environments, using git flows, and are comfortable in the tools (e.g. Jira, Github)
- Excellent English and technical communication - both written and oral
- Knowledge or hands on experience working with other parts of our stack (React, GraphQL/Subgraph, IPFS)
- Understanding of Zero Knowledge cryptography and applications
- Passionate about the possibilities of decentralized autonomous organizations and the impacts they may have on how humans work together to solve problems
- Competitive degen score
culture & perks
We value freedom and responsibility - so much so that we have taken this one step further with the launch of Aragon DAO. We report to ANT holders and their delegates. In practice, this means that we're a remote distributed organization that's flexible as to where you want to work and your schedule, as long as you're within +/- 5 hours of UTC. We will trust you to accommodate to best support your team.
You will get all of the resources needed to be effective, whether its for setting up your remote work environment or a personal development budget.
The Aragon Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and the steward of the Aragon project, a community of DAO creators, developers, and users experimenting with new forms of social coordination and governance.
Aragon is a small, remote-only team of people that spans a broad range of backgrounds, interests, and geographies. We're entrepreneurs and Ph.D.s, technologists and skeptics, troublemakers and problem solvers, living across the US, EU, Asia and everywhere in between, who are striving to realize the Aragon Manifesto by designing and building unstoppable tooling for the creation and management of decentralized autonomous organizations.
Aragon has overseen the production of the leading smart contract framework for DAOs, with toolkits for developers to seamlessly integrate their own apps with DAO functionality.