Senior Front-end Developer
build a new application to interface with Aragon’s smart contracts
9 months ago
As a Senior Front-end Developer at Aragon, you will join our App squad to build a new application to interface with Aragon’s smart contracts - those that will be used for creating and managing the next generation of digital organizations.
- Translate user needs into production-ready code.
- Be involved across the discovery and development pipeline, from collaborating with UX/UI designers and creating prototypes to implementation, documentation and guides, deployment, and live maintenance.
- Take ownership of Aragon front-end development, establish best practices, and become the “go-to” point of contact, while simultaneously mentoring more junior developers along the way.
- Coordinate across our various squads, improve the quality of our commits.
- Use code reviews to better understand your team’s work, improve the quality of our commits, and learn something along the way.
- Have a good eye for high-quality graphic implementations, and let the team know if we need to be “pixel perfect”
- Proven ability to deliver software to real users as a front-end developer, ideally in a fast-paced startup environment
- 3+ years experience in one or more general purpose programming languages such as JS/TS
- Awareness of basic design principles, including layouts, aesthetics, and how to work with a UX team
- Experience implementing web applications according SEO best practices
- Able to advocate and enforce best practices on the team, including testing (unit, integration, e2e), clean code principles, documentation, etc.
- Experience working in agile environment, git flows, and are comfortable in the tools (e.g. Jira, Github)
- Excellent English communication - both written and oral - that is completely free of bullshit
- Understanding of of Blockchain architecture, in particular Ethereum
- Experience working on open source projects, ideally in blockchain, cryptography, smart contracts, decentralized systems, or any related technology in the web3 ecosystem
- Experience with the other skills needed to be successful with our tech stack (Ethereum/EVM, HardHat/TypeChain, GraphQL/Subgraph, etc.)
- Passionate about the possibilities of decentralized autonomous organizations and the impacts they may have on how humans work together to solve problems
- Competitive degen score
culture & perks
We value freedom and responsibility - so much so that we are in the process of taking this one step further with our plans to fully transition into our DAO by 2023. This means that we're a remote only organisation that's flexible as to where you want to work and your schedule, as long as you're within +/- 5 hours of UTC. We will trust you to accommodate to best support your team.
You will get all of the resources needed to be effective, whether its for setting up your remote work environment or a personal development budget.
Aragon Association is a small, remote-only and humble team of people that span a broad range of backgrounds, interests, and geographies. We're entrepreneurs and Ph.D.s, craft beer and coffee lovers, living across the US, EU, Asia and everywhere in between who are designing and building unstoppable governance tools for decentralized organizations.
Aragon Association has overseen the production of the leading smart contract framework to build DAOs, with toolkits for developers to seamlessly integrate their apps with DAO functionality, and a decentralized dispute resolution system. The Aragon Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and the steward of the Aragon project, a community of DAO creators, developers, and users experimenting with new forms of social coordination and governance.