Distributed System Backend Engineer
design the architecture and implementation of decentralized validators
8 months ago
- Designing the architecture and implementation of decentralized validators
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends
- Implementation of staking/slashing mechanism in push nodes
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members
- Working knowledge of Blockchain technologies & their frameworks is good to have
- Experience in running large scalable distributed services following microservice architecture
- Knowledge of Sharding, Staking and Slashing Mechanism
- Proficient with git and git workflows
- Experience with deploying complex applications on cloud platforms using a container orchestration platform, such as Kubernetes
- Understanding of cryptography
- Problem-solving attitude
- Collaborative team spirit
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
Note: If you do not meet 100% of these qualifications, we still strongly encourage you to apply!
culture & perks
- A creative, versatile job role with lots of independence and responsibility
- Full time, work from home
- Enthusiastic and motivated colleagues from around the world
- Fixed monthly salary in crypto based on experience and suitability
- Opportunity for team token incentives based on performance
EPNS is building the world’s first open communication layer for the Web3 ecosystem, first for Ethereum and then for L2s and then for other blockchains. The protocol enables any smart contracts, dApps or traditional servers to send notifications tied wallet addresses of a user in a platform agnostic fashion (ie: notifs can be integrated and shown on any crypto wallet, mobile apps, extension or dApps).
The EPNS Journey: We have had an awesome journey! Ideation and loads of research were taken to the Ethereum Foundation -> EthGlobal HackMoney 2020 where we built the POC -> selected for IDEO PVD -> selected for Gitcoin Kernel fellowship and came out as a top 20 project! -> entered Gitcoin Grants Round 7 (top 5 project / 210+ contributors) which led us to raise our seed ($1.41M).
We are lucky and grateful to be backed by top VCs / Angels in the space including Balaji Srinivasan, Binance Labs, True Ventures, iOSG, Bixin, BR Capital, TheLAO, MetaCartel VC, Ken (EF), Sandeep Nailwal (Polygon), Scott Moore (Gitcoin), DeFiDad, Mariano Conti, Anthony Sassano, Ravindra (Frontier), Preethi Kasireddy along with 35+ equally awesome folks.