build out accounting infrastructure and manage all aspects of accounting and finance operations
10 months ago
Blocknative is on the hunt for a skilled Accounting Manager. Reporting to the VP of Finance and Operations, you will be instrumental in building out accounting infrastructure and managing all aspects of accounting and finance operations. Directly impacting the health of our organization, your work will contribute vital information to support organizational decision-making. You are a problem-solver by nature and thrive in a fast-paced - yet thoughtful - remote environment. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly expanding organization on the bleeding edge of Web3. Career development opportunities abound for the right individual as the company continues to scale.
We are excited to have you join our global, remote team to help scale foundational blockchain infrastructure.
- Lead, develop, and support the accounting department while driving efficient operations and automation
- Build cross-functional relationships to drive process improvements, ensure smooth operations, resolve issues, and stay ahead of the curve
- Continuously improve and streamline processes and procedures
- Analyze and explain monthly balance sheet and income statement fluctuations and variances
- Support corporate planning processes
- Provide guidance in all aspects of accounting ensuring compliance with GAAP and regulatory requirements
- Support internal and external audits
- Assist in navigating regulatory landscape including staying on top of evolving rules and regulations
- Ad hoc projects as needed including analysis of business operations, proposed accounting treatment of significant or unusual transactions, treasury functions, or other accounting and finance-related matters
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of relevant hands-on experience in a full cycle accounting function
- Experience with QuickBooks Online
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets skills
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP
- Excellent self-management practices with a demonstrated ability to be self-directed and resourceful in a remote environment
- Ability to maintain high performance under tight deadlines, including managing multiple projects simultaneously, with exceptional quality, organization and attention to detail
- Enjoys collaborating and celebrating successes with teammates
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience at a high growth startup
- Experience supporting audits
Nice to Have:
- Systems implementation experience
- Active CPA license
- International and foreign currency experience preferred
- Experience in Web3, DeFi, fintech, or payments
culture & perks
- Remote work & flexible schedules
We offer unlimited vacation and flexible work schedules. Celebrate the holidays that matter most to you and your family — Rosh Hashanah, Chinese New Year, Pride, etc.
- Learning & development
We only ask for one thing at Blocknative — the best work of your career. As a remote-native company, we have invested in the tools, processes, and culture to enable you to achieve stress-free productivity.
- Health coverage
We are proud to offer best-in-class healthcare. And we cover 90% of premiums for all full-time employees and their dependents.
- Invest in your future
Share in Blocknative's success via stock option grants. And access a 401(k) plan.
Founded in 2018, Blocknative provides Web3 transaction orchestration infrastructure for the Ethereum, Polygon, Gnosis Chain, Fantom, BNB Chain, and Bitcoin ecosystems. Blocknative solutions are deployed by hundreds of Web3 builders and traders to enable dynamic user experiences and power real-time decisions via pre-chain data and insights.