Copy Editor, Asia-Pacific Shift (Freelance)
contribute to the clarity, consistency and accuracy of our content on a freelance basis
a month ago
Oops. In progress...
Cointelegraph is looking for an experienced copy editor to contribute to the clarity, consistency and accuracy of our content on a freelance basis. Our journalists are competent and astute, but no one is perfect — especially when writing on a deadline. Our copy editors have a keen eye for errors and a strong grasp on modern language, delivering both a concise text and an enjoyable reading experience.
This position will work alongside our writers and content editors to edit articles as they are published during the Asia-Pacific news shift.
- Correcting grammar, punctuation and word choice to enhance clarity and remove ambiguity
- Verifying source material — i.e., making sure that quotes are accurate, the numbers add up, names are spelled correctly, etc.
- Working with the copy desk team to improve upon and implement our style guide
- Elevating the quality of the text while maintaining the writer’s voice
- At least 1–2 years of experience as a copy editor
- Knowledge of the crypto and blockchain space
- A degree in English, journalism or a research/writing-focused discipline
- Ability to edit at a rate of 1,000 words per hour
- Available during the hours of 10:00 pm GMT – 2:00 am GMT
- A working knowledge of AP style (while we do not follow AP exactly, the foundation of our style is based on it)
- An interest in expanding their knowledge of Web3 and the blockchain industry
- A desire to help standardize and develop the crypto news industry
Culture & Perks
- Competitive rates
- The ability to work remotely
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge of a growing industry
Founded in 2013, Cointelegraph is the leading independent digital media resource covering a wide range of news on blockchain technology, crypto assets, and emerging fintech trends. Each day our team delivers the most accurate and up-to-date news from both the decentralized and centralized worlds.
Our editorial content is based on our passion to deliver unbiased news, in-depth analytics, comprehensive cryptocurrency price charts, insightful opinion pieces, as well as regular reports on the social transformation that digital currencies bring.