write basic Bitcoin, altcoin, and macro market updates and crypto markets-related news on a regular basis
4 months ago
Cointelegraph is the world’s foremost cryptocurrency and blockchain media outlet, serving millions of readers worldwide each month.
We are currently expanding our Markets team and we’re looking for a talented reporter to join us in the United States.
Ideal applicants are deeply passionate about all things crypto and finance-related and enjoy brokering conversations about how digital currencies are altering the public perception about how money is classified and used.
This role is responsible for quickly writing basic Bitcoin, altcoin, and macro market updates and crypto markets-related news on a regular basis.
Ideally, you will be available Monday through Friday from 10 a.m – 5 p.m EST and there will be opportunities to cover weekend shifts.
- Deliver accurate and relevant news items to our readers. Our readership includes the pioneers of the crypto world, the early adopters, and those who are crypto-curious: the common denominator is that they’re hunting for smart and informed journalism. We strongly emphasize engaging writing that caters to a highly-intelligent audience
- You will work alongside the Markets editors to pitch topics, carry out independent research, and parse through on-chain data and traditional markets data to identify breaking trends that Cointelegraph can report on quickly
- Covering breaking news related to cryptocurrency price action, derivatives market data, and on-chain data
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- A strong knowledge of AP style
- Relentless attention to detail
- Above-average knowledge of the crypto sector
- Ability to work independently and within a collaborative team setting
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- An interest in new technology
- High level understanding of technical analysis, on-chain analysis, crypto and equities markets, trading, central bank policy, economics, crypto sector regulation and how all of these components impact price and sentiment within the cryptocurrency sector
- Exceptional attention to detail and fact-checking skills
- A person capable of breaking down complex concepts to easily digestible text for novice crypto investors
- Demonstrable writing experience within business markets
- Basic understanding of technical analysis indicators, candlestick patterns, macro market trends, correlations between equities markets and crypto markets
- Capable of quickly writing basic Bitcoin, altcoin, and macro market updates on a regular basis
- At least 2 years of experience as a published reporter / journalist
- A degree in English, journalism or a research/writing-focused discipline
- The ability to write three 700 word articles per day
- Proficiency with Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and video recording software
- 2+ years experience in writing and/or leading content creation within the cryptocurrency / DeFi space
Culture & Perks
At Cointelegraph, we don’t just accept difference- we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefits of our employees, our products, and our community. We currently have workers in 20+ countries from all different walks of life and because of this candidates applying should be aware that work hours will vary depending on where your team is located. We are proud to have such a global and diverse workforce, encouraging collaboration and understanding between all cultures. However you identify or whatever your path here, we are happy that you found us. Come join our team and help us build a global company where we’re all proud to belong.
Founded in 2013, Cointelegraph is the leading independent digital media resource covering a wide range of news on blockchain technology, crypto assets, and emerging fintech trends. Each day our team delivers the most accurate and up-to-date news from both the decentralized and centralized worlds.
Our editorial content is based on our passion to deliver unbiased news, in-depth analytics, comprehensive cryptocurrency price charts, insightful opinion pieces, as well as regular reports on the social transformation that digital currencies bring.
Oops. In progress...