Podcast editor (Remote position, part-time or freelance)
edit raw recordings of podcast audio, conduct content editing
9 months ago
Cointelegraph is widely regarded as the leading source for news about crypto and Web3. We are hiring a part-time or freelance podcast editor. This is an opportunity to join a company with the stability of an enterprise organization but the excitement and growth opportunities of a startup.
- Edit raw recordings of podcast audio, conduct content editing by objectively choosing the right parts to be included in each episode
- Review finalized episodes, export them in the appropriate formats, process them via the podcast hosting platform, and be responsible for ensuring they are properly posted and distributed online
- Collaborate with the editorial and social teams on how to improve the quality of podcasts, attend key meetings, and work together with the production team to stay on top of the content flow
- Keep up to date on the team’s calendar and agenda
- Assist the team in the future planning and development of the podcast section of the website
- At least three (3) years of experience working on, editing, and growing a podcast
- Developed skills in using audio editing software and podcast hosting platforms
- Experience in editing raw audio files (WAV, MP3, M4A, etc.), including fixing mistakes introduced during the recording process
- Solid knowledge of the podcast industry
- Ability to learn on the fly and keep track of day-to-day news and discussions
- Ability to adapt your personal style based on the voice of the company’s brand
- Ability to operate in an exclusively remote work environment.
- Has the right equipment to perform the job
- Keeps cool under pressure
- Composed and able to come up with and execute a plan
Culture & Perks
At Cointelegraph, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate and support them to ensure that we thrive for the benefit of our employees, our product and our community. Our current employees are based in 20+ countries and come from all different walks of life. Because of this, candidates applying should be aware that work hours will vary depending on their location. We are proud to have such a global, diverse workforce, and encourage collaboration and understanding between all cultures. Whoever you identify as and whatever your path, we are happy that you found us. Come join our team, and help us build a global company that we are proud to be a part of.
Founded in 2013, Cointelegraph is the leading independent digital media resource covering a wide range of news on blockchain technology, crypto assets, and emerging fintech trends. Each day our team delivers the most accurate and up-to-date news from both the decentralized and centralized worlds.
Our editorial content is based on our passion to deliver unbiased news, in-depth analytics, comprehensive cryptocurrency price charts, insightful opinion pieces, as well as regular reports on the social transformation that digital currencies bring.