Running and improving on Shardeum's QA strategy
5 months ago
We're looking for an experienced, hands-on QA Engineer to join Shardeum’s engineering team. Shardeum’s first QA Engineer will be embedded in the software engineering team, and they’ll be responsible for running and improving on our QA strategy.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is: familiar with blockchain concepts; who has experience interacting with and contributing to the open source community; and someone who’s excited about Web3 and its potential.
- Work with the software engineering team to create in-depth test plans that cover multiple scopes and purposes
- Work with DevOps team to create a best-in-class QA and release strategy
- Develop automation tests and tooling to ensure high levels of quality and correctness
- Know tradeoffs between manual and automated testing - and when to use each
- Review software bug reports and identify software weaknesses
- Stay up to date on new automation tools that might work in our cutting-edge tech stack
- Experience working in a startup or as the sole QA are a plus
- 3+ of QAE, SDET or Test Automation experience
- Experience writing unit tests
- Experience reviewing and analyzing code - Node.js, Typescript & SQL
- Familiarity with command line tools like Git and Docker, and quick to learn internal custom tools
- The desire to work in a highly ambiguous, fast moving environment
* We are building the infrastructure for Web 3.0. It's going to be a rollercoaster ride but promises to be fun!
We encourage people of all backgrounds and experience levels to apply. Your talent and potential is what matters most to us. Shardeum is committed to creating an inclusive culture.
United States - Remote
Shardeum is building a layer 1, EVM-based, linearly scalable, smart contract platform that provides low gas fees forever while maintaining true decentralization and solid security through dynamic state sharding. Shardeum aims to be a chain capable of onboarding over a billion people to the crypto revolution, while also democratizing accessibility to decentralization.
Shardeum’s mission is supported by prominent Venture Capitalists in the blockchain space, and we are on track to become one of the most widely used and well known smart contract platforms in blockchain history.
About the Founders:
Nischal Shetty: Founder of WazirX, India’s largest crypto exchange with over 10M users and $45B+ trading volume. Prior to WazirX, he built and scaled a social media product called Crowdfire to over 20M users. Previously featured in the Forbes India 30 under 30 list, he is a blockchain evangelist and one of the most notable proponents of crypto in India.
Omar Syed: Omar is a blockchain architect with over 30 years of experience in helping organizations such as NASA, Yahoo, Zynga build fault-tolerant, distributed systems. Omar holds a B.S. and M.S. from Case Western Reserve University with specialization in Artificial Intelligence.