Full Stack Engineer
build leading products in web3
2 months ago
Oops. In progress...
As we go full steam in building our platform and products, we are looking for a full-time full-stack engineer with strong front-end and back-end skills. You will be working along with our carefully curated and mission-driven development team to build leading products in web3. You will be a core contributor and enjoy a high level of ownership over your work. Through your work, you will help onboard the next generation of web3 users.
- Work with the development team in building new product features from start to finish: conception, research, implementation, and maintenance
- Leverage your front-end development skills in improving performance and reliability, as well as polishing existing features
- Work across the stack to implement features end-to-end
- Participate in product architecture decisions and guide team members in technical knowledge with best practices
You Must Be:
- An experienced leader: You have worked in the industry for more than 4 years and have participated in architecture design as well contributed to deployment pipelines. You have worked with both front-end and back-end teams or even led teams in achieving quick iterations with high code quality
- Thoughtful problem-solver: For you, problem-solving starts with a clear and accurate understanding of the context. You can decompose tricky problems and work towards a clean solution, both by yourself and collaboratively with teammates. You're comfortable asking for help when you get stuck
- Familiar with front-end and back-end technologies: You're familiar with front-end framework like React as well as technologies like GraphQL, and back-end languages like Golang. Based on experience and knowledge of the state of the art in front-end and back-end, you make pragmatic suggestions for how to improve our tooling and abstractions. If you've experienced the technical challenges of rapid growth, that's a big plus
- Able to navigate ambiguity in design: You can translate high level designs into production-ready UI. Given clear requirements, you are comfortable making judgment calls on tradeoffs and edge cases in the user experience on your own. You don't need to see every interaction mocked out ahead of time, but you actively partner with designers to suss out the details when the requirements are unclear
- Able to ship quality user experiences: You elevate the quality of the product by proactively identifying user experience problems before they ship. You don't just flag issues for others to solve—you communicate potential alternatives and brainstorm solutions with your teammates
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: You care about the business impact of what you're building, and you prioritize projects accordingly. You're not just going after cool stuff—you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line
- Put users first: You think critically about the implications of what you're building, and how it shapes real people's lives. You understand that reach comes with responsibility for our impact—good and bad
- An empathetic communicator: You communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether you are explaining technical decisions in writing or brainstorming in real time. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed
- A team player: You understand that work is better, together. You enjoy collaborating cross-functionally to accomplish shared goals, and you care about learning, growing, and helping others to do the same
Nice To Have:
- You are proficient with specific technologies that are part of our stack, including Typescript, React.js, Next.js, ethers.js, Golang, Kubernetes, and GraphQL
- You participate in open source projects and write about technology, especially in the web3 world!
- You have experience debugging performance issues with UI in modern browsers across multiple platforms and scaling large distributed systems
- You have interests outside of technology, such as in art, history, or social sciences. (We love JPEG!)
culture & perks
- Work from our world-class office in the Bay Area
- Unlimited paid vacation: we think time off is essential, and highly encourage it
- Personal development and learning: we're here to help you define and hit your personal and career goals so that you can get where you want to be
- Employer-covered group insurance: health, dental, paramedical, disability and travel coverage to ensure you're at your best
- Get paid in crypto: choose to take a percentage or your entire salary in cryptocurrency
- A collaborative and friendly team: we succeed together and we have fun doing it
- Company off-sites: we organize team retreats twice a year for the team to get together in a new place and explore, share and learn!
- MacBook: company-issued laptop to make sure you're doing your best work
- Equipment stipend: every team member receives a stipend to use toward setting up their home office
San Francisco, US
CyberConnect is a decentralized social graph protocol that helps developers bootstrap network effects and build powerful social dApps while returning data ownership back to users. Through our publicly accessible protocol, we are democratizing social connections and making social graphs self-sovereign, portable, composable, blockchain-agnostic, and contextually meaningful.
Join our small, fiery team on our mission to change the future of social networking on the internet. CyberConnect is one of the fastest growing startups in web3. We're building something really special and are looking for true believers to join our team. We're looking for ambitious individuals with a thirst for knowledge that are interested in working with some of the most exciting and groundbreaking technology.