Software Engineer, Back-End
build new product features from start to finish: through conception, research, implementation, and maintenance
5 days ago
Oops. In progress...
The development of our platform and product is underway and we are currently looking for full-time backend engineer with strong skills in backend technologies and the ability to work with our existing development team to make the digital magic happen. You will be a core contributor and enjoy a high level of ownership over the deployment and success of your work. Your work will onboard the next wave web3 users, and also become the pioneer of the Web 3.0 era. We will bring trust to the friends that we make and the community that we form everywhere.
- Work with others to build new product features from start to finish: through conception, research, implementation, and maintenance
- Leverage your backend knowledge to help improve performance and reliability, and polish existing features
- Work across the stack to implement features end-to-end
- Participate in backend architecture decisions and guide team members in technical knowledge with best practices
- Thoughtful problem-solving: For you, problem-solving starts with a clear and accurate understanding of the context. You can decompose tricky problems and work towards a clean solution, by yourself or with teammates. You're comfortable asking for help when you get stuck
- Familiarity with backend technologies: You understand how parts of a system fit together—from the user interface to the data model. Experienced candidates should be familiar with relational database systems like Postgres or MySQL and technologies like Golang and GraphQL
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: You care about the business impact of what you're building, and you prioritize projects accordingly. You're not just going after cool stuff—you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line
- Put users first: You think critically about the implications of what you're building, and how it shapes real people's lives. You understand that reach comes with responsibility for our impact—good and bad
- Empathetic communication: You communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether you're explaining technical decisions in writing or brainstorming in real time. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed
- Team player: You understand when work is better, together. You enjoy collaborating cross-functionally to accomplish shared goals, and you care about learning, growing, and helping others to do the same
Nice To Have:
- You're proficient with specific technologies that are part of our stack, including Golang, GraphQL and Kubernetes
- You participate in open source projects and write about technology, especially in Web3 world!
- You have experience scaling large distributed system
- You have interests outside of technology, such as in art, history, or social sciences. (We love JPEG!)
Culture & Perks
- Unlimited paid vacation: we think time off is essential, and highly encourage it
- Personal development and learning: we're here to help you define and hit your personal and career goals so that you can get where you want to be
- Employer-covered group insurance: health, dental, paramedical, disability and travel coverage to ensure you're at your best
- Get paid in crypto: choose to take a percentage or your entire salary in cryptocurrency
- A collaborative and friendly team: we succeed together and we have fun doing it
- Company off-sites: we organize team retreats twice a year for the team to get together in a new place and explore, share and learn!
- MacBook: company-issued laptop to make sure you're doing your best work
- Equipment stipend: every team member receives a stipend to use toward setting up their home office
San Francisco, US; North America - Remote
CyberConnect is a decentralized social graph protocol that helps developers bootstrap network effects and build powerful social dApps while returning data ownership back to users. Through our publicly accessible protocol, we are democratizing social connections and making social graphs self-sovereign, portable, composable, blockchain-agnostic, and contextually meaningful.
Join our small, fiery team on our mission to change the future of social networking on the internet. CyberConnect is one of the fastest growing startups in web3. We're building something really special and are looking for true believers to join our team. We're looking for ambitious individuals with a thirst for knowledge that are interested in working with some of the most exciting and groundbreaking technology.