Product Lead, Ceramic
run the product organization and growing Ceramic, the world’s leading decentralized database network
9 months ago
As Product Lead at 3Box Labs, you will have a seat at the leadership table and be responsible for running the product organization and growing Ceramic, the world’s leading decentralized database network. You will PM our most critical product directly, scale a highly-effective product department, lead positioning and strategy across our product lines and become an expert and leader in the broader open-source Web3 ecosystem. This position reports to 3Box Labs Co-Founder, Michael Sena.
Come help us tackle novel challenges and reinvent how data is managed online. Every one of our roles is remote first (retreat often!). We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team because we cannot succeed in our mission without it. People that identify with groups traditionally underrepresented in tech are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Grow the Ceramic network to process tens of billions of monthly transactions through a unified product vision, strategy and roadmap that enables new, high-value Web3 use cases and developer segments
- Launch the world’s first data-focused blockchain, offering 100x scale compared to existing finance-focused blockchains; build a world-class developer experience and catalyze a tokenized data ecosystem
- Delight our 100,000 developer community by 10x-ing Ceramic’s feedback loops with the community and transforming our product development efforts into the most responsive in Web3. Feedback and requests are deeply ingrained into product processes. We meet regularly with key customers, build complete solutions for target personas, and communicate our releases, roadmap and development efforts effectively
- We deliver 75% of priority projects on time. You prioritize effectively, work collaboratively, make the product team an effective and influential bridge between Engineering and Growth, and build simple, scalable processes where needed
- A minimum of 6 years experience as a technical product manager, with 2+ years managing complex data or developer infrastructure products, and 8+ years working in technology.
- Deep domain knowledge and passion for at least one of the following product areas: databases, data platforms, developer tools, distributed systems, blockchains, Web3, and open source.
- Directly hired, developed, and led a team of highly-effective product managers.
- A history of delivering complex technical products on time and with great market or commercial success.
- A player-coach mentality, equally comfortable jumping in to clear blockers and write documentation as you are coaching others and managing across teams.
- A desire to join a mission-driven organization, stay on the cutting-edge of the technology industry, reinvent the modern development stack, and make a large impact on foundational Web3 infrastructure.
- Approach every challenge with an open mind from first principles, considering various personas, requirements and needs, charting a compelling strategy, defining clear goals
Culture & Perks:
- Care: We work with passionate teammates committed to a shared purpose and support each other to work better and live well
- Act with intention: We are thoughtful doers who put as much into why and how we do something as what we do
- Go further, together: Our mission is too big for us alone. We cultivate trust, ask for help, and build momentum together
- Drive incredible impact: We aim for massive impact and we deliver
Benefits and Perks:
- Our benefits align with our values and operating model - we want everyone to help own and drive our purpose in their own way, with compensation and benefits to match
- Generous equity for everyone
- Competitive salary that is fair across the globe
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Budgets for learning, thought leadership, and community events
- In person team retreats twice a year
- Healthcare benefits
- Salary range: $175 - $250K depending on seniority and location. We understand everyone's risk preferences and life situation is different so we can offer flexibility here. Our goal is to extend a fair and exciting offer, while preserving fairness across the team
New York, NY, US - Remote
At 3Box Labs we are on a mission to usher in a new era for the web, where data is secure, interactions are trustworthy, and relationships are the basis of connection. We're enabling online experiences that are delightful and integrated while also bolstering privacy and freeing innovation. Our first product, Ceramic, is the building block for composable data on the web and is powering thousands of the world's most ambitious applications.
We're backed by an incredible community and the best investors in the space (USV, Placeholder, Variant, Multicoin) who have deep conviction in our mission. We are a lean, voraciously curious team from across the globe, with 5 years of expert remote work experience and frequent (and awesome) team retreats to spend time together. We have founded tech startups, written books, won product awards, authored patents, created Ethereum standards, and advised F100 CEOs.