Validator Privacy Researcher
research projects, by building proofs of concept, and by facilitating the integration of technological primitives into decentralized applications
6 months ago
The Ethereum Foundation's Privacy & Scaling Explorations Team is seeking a Validator Privacy Researcher with a strong background in complex, multi-system problems and networking, as well as an interest in privacy and Ethereum.
- Proficiency in Rust or Golang for software development and testing
- Experience with decentralized networking technologies (e.g., Libp2p, Waku, TOR/Onion-Routing)
- Familiarity with the Ethereum Beacon Chain and validator processes
- General understanding of data science concepts
- Interest in internet/network privacy for p2p systems
- Fully remote
- Contract with 3-month probation, details depend on jurisdiction
- To apply, please include a cover letter, a resume or CV, and your GitHub profile
- You are passionate about complex problem-solving and have experience working with multi-system environments
- You have a strong interest in privacy, Ethereum, and decentralized systems
- You have expertise or a solid foundation in networking, with experience in decentralized networking technologies such as Libp2p, Waku, TOR/Onion-Routing, or similar
- You are familiar with the Ethereum Beacon Chain, and experience as a validator is a significant plus
- You possess some familiarity with data science and enjoy working on challenging, complex problems
- You are a strong communicator and work well in a remote, global team environment
The Ethereum Foundation (EF) is a global non-profit organization dedicated to supporting Ethereum and related technologies. Our mission is to do what is best for Ethereum’s long-term success. Our role is to allocate resources to critical projects, to be a valued voice within the Ethereum ecosystem, and to advocate for Ethereum to the outside world.
About the Privacy & Scaling Explorations Team
We are a research group exploring practical applications for Zero-Knowledge Proofs and Scaling solutions. Our mission is to build the cryptographic primitives that will form the bedrock of a rich and vibrant ecosystem of decentralized applications (dapps), built on Ethereum.
We do this through pure research projects, by building proofs of concept, and by facilitating the integration of technological primitives into decentralized applications.