Head of Business Development
identifying and pursuing new business opportunities to drive growth and increase revenue for our company
a week ago
Oops. In progress...
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Head of Business Development to lead our commercial efforts in identifying and partnering with web2 companies to provide use cases for Aurora’s new product stream.
As the Head of Business Development, you will be responsible for identifying and pursuing new business opportunities to drive growth and increase revenue for our company. You will work closely with senior leadership to develop and execute Aurora’s business development strategy and ensure it aligns with our overall company goals which will solely focus on demonstrating alternative use cases of underlying blockchain technology to medium & large enterprises.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive business development strategy that aligns with overall company goals
- Research industry best practices and recommend how Aurora can satisfy customers’ needs to grow the ecosystem, source your own opportunities and take them from exploration to execution stage
- Leverage your industry connections to engage and advise on web3 and self-sovereign identity trends and knowledge to move to web3, use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Identify new business opportunities in the web2 space and develop relationships with key partners and clients to offer services to make their processes more efficient
- Lead negotiations and close deals with key partners and clients
- Account and project management to coordinate integration to Aurora and engagement of different Aurora internal business units
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the crypto industry and market trends in order to sell different use cases and value propositions of Aurora
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure the successful implementation of new business initiatives
- Attend industry events and network with key stakeholders to promote Aurora and identify new business opportunitiesю
- Provide regular reports and updates on the status of business development initiatives to senior leadership
- Work towards building up a business development function within Aurora dependent on successful revenue generation
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in business development, with a strong focus on B2B sales and partnerships
- Preferably 2+ years experience in the web3 / crypto industry selling blockchain related products to web2 enterprises, including demonstrable ability to participate in ideation with potential leads
- Extensive network in the space with the ability to bring warm leads to the business
- Extensive experience in the crypto industry and a deep understanding of the market trends and landscape
- Ability to identify those potential customers most suited to the Aurora technical and organizational context, among the universe of possible leads
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with key partners and clients
- Excellent negotiation and closing skillsStrong leadership skills and experience managing a team of professionals
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and operating independently in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter mentality, with the ability to drive work from conceptualization, to analysis, to recommendation and implementation
- Intellectual curiosity, confidence to challenge the status quo, and work quickly
- Manage projects with external implementation partners. Build a pipeline of projects from both inbound and outbound lead generation.
- Work closely with the multiple teams to grow adoption and deploy resources
Culture & Perks
If you are eager to dive into the competing cross-chain ecosystem and would like to work in an energetic environment, surrounded by highly productive and meticulous engineers, we would be happy to see you in Aurora labs!
- Execute extreme ownership
- Strive for excellence
- Embrace authenticity
- Promote merit
- Get shit done
Aurora Labs builds an innovative Ethereum-compatible blockchain called Aurora, that runs on the fast, low-cost and infinitely-scalable Layer-1 NEAR Protocol. Additionally, the company has developed a suite of industry-first products known as Aurora Cloud that provide the fastest path to market for companies seeking to transition to Web3 while preserving the convenience and user experience of Web2.
In addition, the company has developed best-in-class applications —such as the trustless Rainbow Bridge and Web2-style Aurora+ — that support Aurora’s DAO-governed flourishing ecosystem of Web3 applications.