Director of Engineering
plan, implement, and oversee software engineering strategies, procedures, and goals for Blocknative to drive our culture of execution
a month ago
This is a rare opportunity to guide the direction of a disruptive web3 company pushing the boundaries of blockchain-enabled business models.
Your mission will be to plan, implement, and oversee software engineering strategies, procedures, and goals for Blocknative to drive our culture of execution. You’ll work closely with our CTO and Product Managers to design, build and deploy new capabilities in blockchain infrastructure. If you love the challenge of a fast-paced start-up environment, this could be the role for you.
- Build a high performing interdisciplinary team with attention to diversity and inclusion
- Inspire and grow the team through hiring, onboarding, mentorship, empowerment and by challenging colleagues to do their best work
- Enable and drive strategic software engineering decisions from a deep understanding of web3 technology infrastructure
- Work closely with product and project managers to further our strong execution environment
- Stay up-to-date on developments within the crypto industry and maintain deep understanding of existing and upcoming blockchain protocols, especially around emerging ecosystem trends and products. Become a domain expert on blockchain and crypto protocols
- Close the gap between technical and non-technical stakeholders - explaining technical concepts to non-technical team members and translating business-oriented and strategic plans to engineering team- to ensure that everyone is aligned around the value we are creating for our users
- Grow the technical expertise of the company as it relates to performance, scalability, and maintainable infrastructure. Be a steadfast advocate for clean and scalable coding principles and high-performance, secure, reliable software services
- Analyze and organize complex information from a variety of data sources to effectively communicate actionable insights and recommendations to product management & engineering leadership
- Ethereum and EVM chains — proficient with the core concepts in the space
- 7+ years of engineering experience
- 3+ years in supervisory roles
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with others with varying levels of technical understanding
- Strong ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and build solid working relationships across the team — from individual contributors to the CEO/CTO
* We prioritize people above all else. If you think you’d add to the depth and diversity of our team but don’t fit these qualifications exactly, we want you to apply!
Culture & Perks
- Remote work & flexible schedules
We offer unlimited vacation and flexible work schedules. Celebrate the holidays that matter most to you and your family — Rosh Hashanah, Chinese New Year, Pride, etc.
- Learning & development
We only ask for one thing at Blocknative — the best work of your career. As a remote-native company, we have invested in the tools, processes, and culture to enable you to achieve stress-free productivity.
- Health coverage
We are proud to offer best-in-class healthcare. And we cover 90% of premiums for all full-time employees and their dependents.
- Invest in your future
Share in Blocknative's success via stock option grants. And access a 401(k) plan.
United States - Remote
Blocknative is a leading Ethereum block builder. The company’s real-time infrastructure enables validators and searchers to optimize staking rewards and trading profit. Blocknative’s Transaction Orchestration platform prices, previews, distributes and monitors transactions so web3 users can transact with confidence. Blocknative democratizes access to pre-chain data and provides the power to see into the future, improving web3 user experiences and enabling MEV value recirculation.
Founded in 2018, Blocknative helps inform and power such forward-thinking projects as Lido, MetaMask, imToken, Curve, Balancer, Ethereum Foundation, Polygon Foundation, and hundreds of others.
Oops. In progress...