Provide legal advice and support to business operations and help ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations
7 months ago
Pool Maintenance Labs Ltd is seeking an experienced counsel to augment the legal team. The successful candidate will be European based, provide legal advice and support to business operations and help ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Advise the company on a range of legal matters, including contract review and negotiation, intellectual property, employment law, regulatory compliance, and risk management consistent with company objects
- Draft and review legal documents, including contracts, policies, and procedures
- Conduct legal research and analysis to stay up-to-date on relevant laws and regulations
- Collaborate with other departments and stakeholders to ensure legal compliance and mitigate risks
- Participate in the development and implementation of training programs on legal compliance and risk management
- Provide guidance, including drafting, on all aspects of the development and use of open source software
- J.D. degree or equivalent
- Active license to practice law
- 5-7 years of experience practicing law
- Strong legal and business acumen
- Excellent written and oral communication skills,
- Bilingual, including in English
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Capable of working with ambiguity
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations, including contract law, intellectual property, employment law, and regulatory compliance
- Familiar with or able to become fluent with MiCA, VASP, MSBs, and other frameworks that have a nexus to liquid staking technology
Culture & Perks
This is a unique opportunity to work deeply in the blockchain ecosystem on a globally distributed team. Lido is a team working on the cutting edge of decentralized finance (DeFi) while standardizing new forms of employment along the way.
- An international team of skilled experts
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary & bonus paid and excellent international career opportunities
- Well-being & Mental Health support program
- Full tech/equipment set-up, which is relevant to executing tasks
- A high degree of autonomy, no micromanagement
- Ownership culture
Lido is a suite of Liquid Staking protocols and assets that make it easy to participate in Proof-of-Stake staking rewards without lock-ups or unbonding periods. Users that stake through Lido protocols receive staked asset utility tokens that correspond to the assets staked on a 1:1 basis. Staked asset tokens are liquid and can be used to hold, trade, or use across Dapps and DeFi.
The Lido suite of protocols and corresponding staked asset tokens include Ethereum and stETH, Polkadot and stDOT, Solana and stSOL, Polygon and stMATIC, and Kusama and stKSM. Lido is the largest liquid staking protocol on Ethereum and is among the leading DeFI protocols by Total Value Locked.
About Pool Maintenance Labs
Pool Maintenance Labs Ltd is a remote-first, member-based not-for-profit company that has as its objects education, advocacy and research of liquid staking and related technologies. It offers competitive compensation as well as opportunities for professional growth and development. If you are an experienced counsel looking for a new challenge, you are encouraged to apply for this opportunity. Contracts are subject to a 90 day probationary period.