Senior Data Analyst
Translate product and business issues into research & analytical questions
a week ago
Our Analytical team builds models and simulations of blockchain networks and smart contracts using data from a wide range of sources in order to provide DeFi analytics & insights for the community and organisation's strategical and tactical decisions as well as regular analytical support for products and projects.
As a Data Analyst in this team, you will translate product and business issues into research&analytical questions and develop descriptive and predictive models to address various business problems through leveraging statistical modeling, machine learning, and data mining techniques. This role requires excellent analytical skills, proficient knowledge of data analysis practices, and the ability to collaborate with various teams.
This is a full-time consultant position working for Pool Maintenance Labs. As part of the role, you will be assigned to a client project to support the Lido DAO. As a PML consultant you are free to work from anywhere.
This an asynchronous remote position and hours may vary, but be advised that most meetings occur between 08:00 and 14:00 UTC. If you're applying from a location where these hours are outside your usual working hours, we expect you to adapt to our meeting times.
Please Note: Contracts are subject to a 90 day probationary period.
- Build data models and visualizations of public blockchain data and simulation results
- Construct and check hypotheses based on data
- Perform ad hoc data analysis based on requests from various teams
- Build agent-based simulations of smart contracts and blockchain networks
- Generate actionable insights and share the results with the community
- Work on self-directed data research projects that identify valuable opportunities for further exploration
Typical task #1: Project/product analytical support
- Going through project / product and its smart contracts documentation, understanding conceptual, logical and business model of project / product and data structure
- Creating visualizations of key project / product metrics
- Analysing/ project / product performance
- Formulating and testing hypotheses how to increase project / product performance
- Reporting results and insights
Typical task #2: Create simulation model for blockchain/project/smart contract
- Going through blockchain / project / smart contract documentation and research publications, understanding conceptual / logical / business model
- Writing/testing/running code that simulates blockchain/project/smart contract logic
- Designing scenarios and examining them using the created simulation model
- Reporting results and insights
The successful applicant will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, capable of working in a fast-paced environment, enjoying working with emerging technologies, possess a strong attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of data science methods used to analyse data, and knowledge of data types, topics, and scientific challenges and approaches, statistical analytics. You likely have a degree in Finance / Economics, Math / Applied Math, Statistics / Applied Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science or similar field or similar or equivalent real-world experience
- Standard knowledge in the use of data sources and applications to conduct research
- Experience in working with large datasets
- Experience with data modeling and data exploration tools
- Experience in ML development and deployment is a plus
- Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities
- Crypto experience, particularly working with Ethereum / blockchain nodes is a plus
- Are ready to take ownership and responsibility for your work. Never heard of the words “not my job"
- Hands-on data analysis, statistical modeling techniques
- Proficient at writing code in Python or similar languages
- Experience with scientific computing packages such as Numpy/Scipy, Pandas, etc.
- Intermediate to advanced SQL skills
- Advanced English
Culture & Perks
This is a unique opportunity to work deeply in the blockchain ecosystem on a globally distributed team. Lido is a team working on the cutting edge of decentralized finance (DeFi) while standardizing new forms of employment along the way.
- An international team of skilled experts
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary & bonus paid and excellent international career opportunities
- Well-being & Mental Health support program
- Full tech/equipment set-up, which is relevant to executing tasks
- A high degree of autonomy, no micromanagement
- Ownership culture
Lido is a suite of Liquid Staking protocols and assets that make it easy to participate in Proof-of-Stake staking rewards without lock-ups or unbonding periods. Users that stake through Lido protocols receive staked asset utility tokens that correspond to the assets staked on a 1:1 basis. Staked asset tokens are liquid and can be used to hold, trade, or use across Dapps and DeFi.
The Lido suite of protocols and corresponding staked asset tokens include Ethereum and stETH, Polkadot and stDOT, Solana and stSOL, Polygon and stMATIC, and Kusama and stKSM. Lido is the largest liquid staking protocol on Ethereum and is among the leading DeFI protocols by Total Value Locked.
About Pool Maintenance Labs
Pool Maintenance Labs is a remote-first not-for-profit technical services company whose objects are education, advocacy, research and experimentation of liquid staking technologies. PML supplies technical services in the blockchain ecosystem and is looking to source a consultant with operations management experience to support a client project at the Lido DAO. Lido software is a leading liquid staking solution, providing a simple and secure way to get network rewards for participating in securing the data integrity of the network.