Paralegal / Legal & Administrative Assistant
Providing administrative and legal support to our lawyers and principals and ensuring smooth legal & administrative operations at PML
7 months ago
PML is seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented Paralegal / Legal & Administrative Assistant to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative and legal support to our lawyers and principals, assisting with corporate secretarial tasks, and ensuring smooth legal & administrative operations at PML.
This position requires exceptional communication skills, a strong work ethic, and a keen eye for detail. If you have a passion for the legal field and are looking to grow your career, we encourage you to apply.
This is a full-time consultant position working for Pool Maintenance Labs. As a PML consultant you are free to work from anywhere. This an asynchronous remote position and hours may vary, but most coordination touchpoints occur during CET times where all parties can reasonably attend.
1/ Administrative Support
- Manage inbound requests and communications, issue intake and work distribution
- Schedule and arrange appointments, maintain the lawyer's calendar and schedule, bookings meetings, travel, managing incoming and outgoing e-mail
- Manage, coordinate, and ensure the smooth flow of administrative work
- Manage external accounts and pay invoices in a timely manner
- General administrative duties including incorporation and corporate records management, maintain and organize files to ensure they are easily retrievable by principals
- Monitor principles licensing requirements and ensure ongoing compliance
- Acts as a point of contact to ensure clients have the appropriate feedback and information including file updates, process or procedural changes
2/ Legal Assistance / Support to Lawyers
- Query and retrieve legal case law, precedent materials/documents, or other relevant information as identified by a lawyer
- Assign lawyers to review non-disclosure agreements, contracts, and other inbound documents
- Create various legal and other documents/agreements through copy typing, transcription, scanning or other methods. Document work includes converting styles, performing mail merges, inserting media into presentations, cross-referencing, indexing, creating tables, working with graphs, charts and objects, using graphics applications, etc.
- Managing know-your-client issues and conflict checks
- Proofread and quality-check documents for appropriate formatting, spelling, grammar, and clarityensive process analysis and interdepartmental
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Paralegal Studies, or a related field
- A minimum of three years of experience as a paralegal or legal assistant, preferably in a corporate or law firm setting
- Familiarity with corporate secretarial tasks, including the preparation and maintenance of Board of Director and committee materials
- Knowledge of legal research techniques, and proficiency in using legal research platforms and tools
- Experience with document management systems and Microsoft Office Suite / Google Suite, particularly Word / Google Docs
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to work with clients who have complex needs, to execute independently in a fast-paced environment and as part of a team, demonstrating professionalism and a positive attitude
- Excellent time management, ability to prioritize effectively and deal with conflicting priorities & deadlines
- Ability to take initiative, and to use judgment in matters of extreme confidentiality and sensitivity
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think critically and efficiently
- Ability to manage files in electronic shared directory and in the file/document management databases, and that files/filing is up to date and brought forward for review by lawyers and principals as required
- Ability to work within European time zones
- Native/Proficient English language skills
- A developing passion for crypto and decentralization is a plus!
Culture & Perks
This is a unique opportunity to work deeply in the blockchain ecosystem on a globally distributed team. Lido is a team working on the cutting edge of decentralized finance (DeFi) while standardizing new forms of employment along the way.
- An international team of skilled experts
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary & bonus paid and excellent international career opportunities
- Well-being & Mental Health support program
- Full tech/equipment set-up, which is relevant to executing tasks
- A high degree of autonomy, no micromanagement
- Ownership culture
Lido is a suite of Liquid Staking protocols and assets that make it easy to participate in Proof-of-Stake staking rewards without lock-ups or unbonding periods. Users that stake through Lido protocols receive staked asset utility tokens that correspond to the assets staked on a 1:1 basis. Staked asset tokens are liquid and can be used to hold, trade, or use across Dapps and DeFi.
The Lido suite of protocols and corresponding staked asset tokens include Ethereum and stETH, Polkadot and stDOT, Solana and stSOL, Polygon and stMATIC, and Kusama and stKSM. Lido is the largest liquid staking protocol on Ethereum and is among the leading DeFI protocols by Total Value Locked.