Head of Communications & Policy
Designing and implementing an industry-leading communications strategy, ushering in the next generation of DAO success cases with programs and resources
a week ago
Oops. In progress...
As the Head of Communications & Policy, you will be part of the Growth Guild, a multi-disciplinary team focused on bringing DAO technology to the world. You will be designing and implementing an industry-leading communications strategy, ushering in the next generation of DAO success cases with programs and resources, and defending Aragon through proactive policy, advocacy and digital literacy work with a wide range of governmental and non-governmental stakeholders.
The vacant position of Head of Communications & Policy is to be based at Eagle Ops AG.
- Manage external communication platforms, strategies, and materials; bridging the best of web2 and web3 strategies to achieve the highest impact on incumbent and emerging social and media platforms
- Oversee and develop brand positioning, voice, narrative, messaging, and talking points in a fast paced and ever-changing environment
- Analyze global regulatory and policy issues affecting the industry and organization, in collaboration with internal leadership and external counsel
- Provide strategic communications counsel and support to leadership on emerging and current issues
- Outsource and manage external counsel, namely legal and public affairs counsel
- Quickly and efficiently manage crisis relating to global policy changes relating to web3 technology
- Develop a digital literacy educational program that will take DAOs from 0 to hero, setting the foundation for mass adoption of the technology
- Manage effective relationships with industry associations, allies, validators, policy makers, and media in English and French regions
- Lead a team of communication and policy employees as the organisation grows
- Support traditional organisations in their transition into a DAO to ensure safe decentralisation from a strategic, governance and regulatory perspective
- Juris Doctor or higher education (Masters, PhD) in governance, policy or similar
- 4+ years experience in Public Policy or Government Relations, specifically in advancing and defending disruptive social technology
- 4+ years launching, marketing and defending products in the technology field with communications or campaigns experience
- Native English & French language levels and excellent communication skills, from policy briefs to social media memes
- Experience developing digital literacy resources and partnerships
- 3+ years in crisis response
- 3+ years of experience managing or overseeing stakeholder engagement events and activations
- 3+ years experience working with local and global NGOs and all levels of government, in both North America and Europe
- 3+ years managerial experience
- Experience transitioning a traditional organization into a DAO or deep knowledge in DAO operations and governance
- Passionate about the possibilities of decentralized autonomous organizations and the impacts they may have on how humans work together to solve problems
- Personal use of and experimentation with web3 technology
Culture & Perks
We value freedom and responsibility - so much so that we have taken this one step further with the launch of Aragon DAO. We report to ANT holders and their delegates. In practice, this means that we're a remote distributed organization that's flexible as to where you want to work and your schedule, as long as you're within +/- 5 hours of UTC. We will trust you to accommodate to best support your team.
You will get all of the resources needed to be effective, whether its for setting up your remote work environment or a personal development budget.
The Aragon Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and the steward of the Aragon project, a community of DAO creators, developers, and users experimenting with new forms of social coordination and governance.
Aragon is a small, remote-only team of people that spans a broad range of backgrounds, interests, and geographies. We're entrepreneurs and Ph.D.s, technologists and skeptics, troublemakers and problem solvers, living across the US, EU, Asia and everywhere in between, who are striving to realize the Aragon Manifesto by designing and building unstoppable tooling for the creation and management of Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs).
Aragon has overseen the production of the leading smart contract framework for DAOs, with toolkits for developers to seamlessly integrate their own apps with DAO functionality.