Polygon is the most proven way to build and scale your projects on Ethereum, the world's largest blockchain ecosystem.
Please, come back later <3
mission & Key Concepts
Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. They engage with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. The organisation has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols.
Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception.
The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
culture & values
The relentless passion and persistence Polygon Labs’ founders bring to the table is matched by the hard-working and game-changing developers in the ecosystem.
- People deserve an equitable future. We are committed to building open-source protocols that give anyone, anywhere the power to create value for people everywhere.
- The community is our backbone. We are committed to developing a thriving ecosystem by empowering and investing in developers, partners, community, and users.
- Blockchain will change the world for good. We are committed to building protocols, programs, and services that will accelerate the mass adoption of blockchain technology to bring more value to people.
- In Ethereum's staying power. We are committed to helping Ethereum scale and believe it will remain the preferred foundational layer for security and decentralization for developers.
Life at Polygon Labs
We’re building a decentralized future with an amazing group of people.
- Work / life balance
- Team environment
- Career development
- Time offline
- Health & wellness benefits
- The ultimate home office set up
history & Achievements
Polygon launched as Matic Network in 2017. It was co-founded by Jaynti Kanani, Sandeep Nailwal, and Anurag Arjun to tackle blockchain scaling and usability issues.
In 2017, Plasma was at the forefront of blockchain scaling, and Matic featured a plasma-driven scaling approach and Proof-of-Stake (PoS) sidechains to assist Ethereum as user demand for the network grew. Over time, Matic POS became a prominent scaling option for various applications.
Matic rebranded to Polygon in February 2021 to become a Swiss Army knife for scaling solutions. Polygon plans to add support for rollups and Validium to its already-existing Plasma/POS chain. The project recognizes that Ethereum may not scale from a single solution in isolation. There's a possibility that several solutions will co-exist and help scale Ethereum collectively. Polygon aims to play a central role in supplying the infrastructure necessary to launch any of these systems.
In August 2021, Polygon merges with zk-rollup platform Hermez Network.
In February 2022, Polygon raises $450 million in a new venture financing round.
April 2022: Polygon commits to to a carbon negative roadmap.
October 2022: The first ZK scaling solution that’s fully equivalent to EVM launches on public testnet.
In 2022, we saw:
- 778,000 smart contracts deployed on the Polygon network (+152% YoY)1
- 234,000 contract creators (+637% YoY)1
- 200,000,000 total unique addresses (+54% YoY)1
- 960,000,000 successful transactions processed1
- 60,953 tonnes of carbon eliminated from the Polygon network’s annual CO2 footprint by Ethereum’s Merge2
- 1 ultimate scaling solution in a testnet phase, Polygon zkEVM
January 2023: Polygon remains the name of the protocol, while Polygon Labs is a company that participates in the development and growth of Polygon. Besides, Polygon Foundation is established by the co-creators of Polygon dedicated to supporting Polygon, including research, development & education.
March 2023: Polygon zkEVM Is Now Fully Open-Source.
A Look Forward
2023 is all about building.
- Delivering Future-Proof Innovation: 2023 will be the year of ZK technology. We believe ZK is for everyone and that's why we've invested in three teams to bring ZK technology for use cases across all industries and developers.
- We anticipate a massive year for DeFi in 2023: Innovation and awareness of non-custodial wallets, ZK scaling, on-chain credit, stablecoin adoption (LATAM, Africa) are critical building blocks that will propel DeFi to new heights.
- Supporting our Builders: We are ready to usher in the exponential growth of the Polygon ecosystem in 2023.
- Jaynti Kanani - Co-Founder
- Sandeep Nailwal - Co-Founder
- Anurag Arjun - Co-Founder
- Mihailo Bjelic - Co-Founder
- David Schwartz - Co-Founder, Polygon ID & Polygon Hermez
- Jordi Baylina - Co-Founder, Polygon ID & Polygon Hermez
- Antoni Martin - Co-Founder, Polygon ID & Polygon Hermez
- Brendan Farmer - Co-Founder, Polygon Zero
- Daniel Lubarov - Co-Founder, Polygon Zero
- Bobbin Threadbare - Co-Founder, Polygon Miden
The goal of the Polygon Labs total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
- Remote first global workforce
- Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee*
- Company matching 401k with 6% match (in certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents)
- $1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance
- $2,000 Annual Employee Development Program
- Unlimited PTO
- Book Allowance Program…$200 per year
- Company issued laptop