Optic is a content recognition engine for web3
Oops. In progress...
The magic of an NFT is what it inspires. The doors it unlocks, the passionate communities that form around it and the ways it can be endlessly reimagined and remixed. Optic gives people superpowers to look across the internet and see how far any NFT has traveled and how it’s changed along the way.
So if someone falls in love with what you’ve made and creates incredible art with it, you’ll know. And if someone crops your image and claims it as their original work, you’ll know that too.
But we don’t police what happens next. We leave that choice to the communities who create, love and trade this content. We know the power of that choice. We’ve seen companies hoard it, earning billions by policing creativity.
So we want to put that choice back in the hands of the people who’ve built this ecosystem. Our mission is to bring transparency to the media on blockchains so all communities can realize their creative and economic potential.
Optic is a content recognition engine for Web3. It monitors blockchains to reveal the origins of any NFT and how it’s been reimagined, remixed or copied. Prevent fraud, preserve value, and encourage collaborations you’ll be proud of.
- For marketplaces: giving them trust and safety team superpowers, enabling them to apply their best judgment across your entire marketplace in real time. Spot trending scams and fraudulent activity before they damage your community using the most up-to-date and comprehensive NFT dataset on the market.
- For creators: keeping an eye on your NFTs across blockchains, so if someone crops your art and claims it as their original work, you’ll know.
- For developers: helping to build applications that take full advantage of valuable intellectual property with the support and collaboration of rights holders. Making sure to keep their own ecosystem safe and ensure that the content created on your platform doesn’t violate the policies, the policies of any secondary market or cause any harm to your customers.
We have been working at the intersection of technology and media for more than fifteen years at places like Google, YouTube and Eora. We have seen firsthand how machine learning and computer vision, when used appropriately, can unlock new forms of creativity and bring economic windfalls for everyone involved.
But this time, instead of keeping this knowledge to ourselves, we want to set it free. Because we see a rare opportunity to create true trust around content, who owns it and what can be done with it. This sort of trust is only possible when it’s shared and our ambition is to build an open protocol that delivers deep content understanding and transparency to everyone developing for the blockchain. A protocol that supports community driven moderation and allows communities to decide for themselves what policies to enforce.
- Andrey Doronichev - CEO
- Vlad Vinogradov - Co-founder & CTO
- Opportunity to take part in shaping the future of the Creator Economy in web3
- Competitive comp and well-being focused package
- Flexible location & remote work policy, full support with relocation (Dubai Work and Residency permits; etc)
- Flexible working
- Culture of transparency and continuous growth