The safe and scalable layer 1 blockchain. Built with Move, the language developed for the Aptos network
Oops. In progress...
mission & key concepts
Our mission is to create universal and fair access to decentralized assets for billions of people.
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
The Aptos vision
The Aptos vision is to deliver a blockchain that can bring mainstream adoption to web3 and empower an ecosystem of decentralized applications to solve real-world user problems. Our mission is to advance the state-of-the-art in blockchain reliability, safety, and performance by providing a flexible and modular blockchain architecture.
Over the coming years, we expect to build and partner with ecosystem participants to improve the entire space. The Aptos journey begins by working with a decentralized community to deploy a safe, scalable, and upgradable smart contract platform.
- To be the home for the next generation of builders.
- To provide the standard for Move language.
- To build a decentralized, secure, and scalable network governed and operated by the community that uses it.
- To implement reliable solutions for perfect upgradability.
- Networks must quickly adapt to supporting evolving web3 needs.
- To evolve and scale a production-grade, high assurance BFT consensus protocol.
- To ensure Safer account key recovery and rotation protocols.
- To reach billions of Internet users, the user experience must be safe and accessible. Our belief is that the user experience needs significant improvement in safety and scalability in order to reach the masses.
- To ensure solid community ownership. The Aptos blockchain will be owned, operated, and governed by a broad and diverse community.
2022 Q3 — Mainnet launch
2022 Q4–2023 Q1 — Deploy the next major release to Aptos mainnet with the next set of significant features
culture & values
history & achievments
The company was founded in 2021 and is based in Palo Alto, California.
The Aptos technology stack was researched, designed, and developed by a 30+ person crypto platform research and engineering team with domain expertise and PhDs in consensus, cryptography, distributed systems, formal verification, security, etc.
The codebase has grown substantially over 3+ years with 292 unique developers and dozens of community driven improvement proposals.
- Aptos has raised a total of $350M in funding over 3 rounds. Their latest funding was raised on Sep 15, 2022.
- It is funded by 23 investors. Binance Labs and ParaFi Capital are the most recent investors.
The org launched Devnet in mid March, incentivized testnet in late May and targets Q3 for mainnet launch.
- Avery Ching - Co-Founder & CTO
- Mohammad Shaikh - Co-Founder & CEO
They are the world’s leading experts in building distributed systems and scaling them for billions of users.
The rest of the founding team at Aptos consists of an impressive group of PhDs, researchers, engineers, designers and strategists including Alden Hu, Alin Tomescu, David Wolinsky, Greg Nazario, Jake Skinner, Josh Lind, Max Kaplan, Mo Ahmed, Neil Harounian, Rati Gelashivili, Rustie Lin, Sasha Spiegelman, Sherry Xiao, Sital Kedia and Zekun Li.
While our HQ is currently in Palo Alto, California, we support a 100% remote work culture and we are hiring across the world. We raised our first round of funding from some of the top firms led by a16z and Multicoin. In addition to our remote-friendly work culture, we offer the following to all Aptos employees:
- Health insurance coverage
- Equipment of your choice
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (i.e. RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
Oops. In progress...