Building trust in blockchains among people, businesses and governments
Oops. In progress...
Mission & Key Concepts
The global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in.
The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
Cryptocurrencies have already opened up new markets and made the global economy bigger, fairer, and more deeply integrated. We’re only seeing the beginning of what this transformative technology has to offer.
But cryptocurrency needs greater trust and transparency to realize its full potential. That’s where Chainalysis comes in. We need to develop clearer regulations, establish standard audit practices, and implement powerful compliance controls for cryptocurrency to sustain its current growth and integrate into the global financial infrastructure. By helping make that vision a reality with our compliance and investigation tools, Chainalysis gives banks, businesses, and governments the confidence and knowledge they need to help this new digital economy thrive.
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency.
At Chainalysis, we believe in building trust between the key players in this space - law enforcement, regulators, cryptocurrency businesses and financial institutions - so the industry can continue to grow.
Chainalysis powers compliance, regulatory, and investigative software that detect and prevent activities on the blockchain like money laundering, terrorist financing, child exploitation, ransomware, and more. You may have heard about our role in solving the Twitter hack, assisting in counter-terrorism financing efforts, or taking down the largest child exploitive material website in the world.
We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We pride ourselves on being equal parts curious, honest, and passionate. Every day, we’re focused on solving complex problems that make our world safer and lay a foundation for the cryptocurrency economy to flourish.
- Build Trust. Take every chance to build trust in your team, Chainalysis and the industry
- Earn the Right. Don’t rest on your laurels, we re-earn our rights every day
- Rigor. Question everything, be data-driven and deliver high quality work
- Team First. Success comes through collaboration
- Strong Convictions / Loosely Held. Act on today’s information, not yesterday’s
History & Achievements
HQ: New York, US
- Chainalysis has raised a total of $536.6M in funding over 10 rounds. Their latest funding was raised on May 11, 2022 from a Series F round.
- Chainalysis is funded by 28 investors. Dragoneer Investment Group and Blackstone Group are the most recent investors.
- Chainalysis has acquired Excygent on Oct 5, 2021.
- Michael Gronager, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer
- Sarah Ward, General Counsel
- Gerd Behrmann, Chief Technology Officer
- Pratima Arora, Chief Product Officer
Oops. In progress...