Paxos is a regulated blockchain infrastructure company building transparent and transformative financial solutions
Please, come back later <3
Mission & Key Concepts
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers.
What We Do
Paxos builds blockchain solutions to tokenize, custody, trade and settle assets for enterprise partners.
- Crypto For Enterprises. Turnkey APIs to enable crypto capabilities and whitelabel stablecoins.
- Crypto For Investors. Regulated tokenized assets and digital asset exchange to enable digital asset trading for institutions.
- Settlement for Institutions. Blockchain-based settlement for securities and commodities.
Culture & Values
We hold ourselves to a high standard to impact the world in a positive way.
We operate by these principles:
- Search for the Truth. We obsess over the right answers to the right questions
- Real-Time Candor. We communicate directly and honestly with each other
- Shared Commitment to Excellence. We are relentlessly self-improving
- Be an Owner. We drive results, even outside our roles
History & Achievements
HQ: New York, USA
Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
- 2012 - Launched the first regulated crypto exchange, itBit
- 2015 - First company to secure a New York State Department of Financial Services Trust Charter for Digital Assets
- 2018 - Issued the world’s first regulated stablecoin, PAX (now rebranded as USDP)
- 2019 - Issued the world’s first regulated gold-backed token, PAX Gold
- 2019 - First & only company to receive SEC permission to pilot using blockchain technology to settle stock trades
- 2021 - First crypto-native company to receive preliminary approval for a de novo national Trust Bank charter
- Charles Cascarilla, CEO and Co-Founder
- Richmond Teo, Co-Founder & CEO Asia
- Sheila Bair
- Bill Bradley
- Patricia Kemp
- Jim Manzi
- Scott Malpass
- Brian Stern
Perks & Benefits
Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. All of our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!