Integrate Vega With CCXT Trading Exchange API Library
add support for Vega on the most popular 3rd party trading exchange API libraries
up to 2K
4 months ago
Vega is a proof of stake blockchain for creating and trading derivatives. It provides infrastructure for decentralized markets that settle in assets held on Ethereum and, in the future also, Bitcoin and other major collateral blockchains. Vega facilitates high-speed, permissionless derivatives markets.
The Vega public testnet showcases our technology. We are looking for passionate and talented community members to help us build out the vision by working with us to shape the end product.
problem to solve
Integrating your code base with the Vega Testnet is pretty straightforward via one of the existing APIs (REST, GraphQL, and gRPC).
However, we'd like to take one step further and make it even easier by adding support for Vega on one or more of the most popular 3rd party trading exchange API libraries. For this task, Vega support/integration should be added to the following library:
- Vega Documentation
- Vega API Samples
- Vega API Clients
- Vega Discord Chat
- Vega Community Forums
- Vega Technical Overview Paper
- Vega Whitepaper
You can reach out to us for any queries on our Discord Chat, post your questions in our Community Forums.
We're a friendly team and are very keen to help where possible.
how to apply
- Apply to participate with a proposal of the solution
- Participation accepted by the team
- Commence work
- Seek feedback & guidance
- Refine solution (if required)
- Review solution
- Completion of work
- Acceptance and bounty reward
Publish your submission as a PR into the 3rd party Github repo with proper README describing how to use it and any 3rd party submission requirements and inform us directly.
It would be good to see a bonus of an animated gif or video walk-through of the reference application for completeness; this is not required, however.
Note: If this is not possible, for any rules in the 3rd party, e.g., Mainnet projects only, please link to the fork of the repo with the Vega specific code.
- integrate Vega's APIs with the CCXT library (details above), targeting the Vega Testnet
- streaming supported; we have GraphQL subscription APIs available to help this (or gRPC for Java/non-web-based apps)
- please integrate all core XChange API library functionality with Vega, for example, listing markets, managing orders, tracking balances, and streaming
- build a small reference application using library integration
Note: If XChange functionality does not yet exist on Vega, please work with us to capture the requirement and specification for future implementation. Check with the Vega team first on the Discord channel if in doubt.