Technical Program Manager
Own, design and execute several large cross-functional programs that are critical to the DAO
a week ago
Oops. In progress...
ShapeShift DAO is seeking a Technical Program Manager to join the Engineering Workstream on a full-time basis. In this role you will own, design and execute several large cross-functional programs that are critical to the DAO. Your programs will span across several work streams in the DAO including Product and Operations and require excellent communication skills with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders with efficient, data driven execution and reporting.
The Technical Program Manager will thrive in finding leadership opportunities in an open-source development environment where we operate in a public first manner. You will be able to influence DAO Workstream leaders and technical counterparts to adopt new methods of delivering software. An understanding of Agile best practices and the ability to put people over process is a must as the DAO iterates quickly towards solutions and the Engineering Workstream grows.
- Take ownership of execution and continuous improvement of several programs that the DAO has already established including its Open Source Bounty Program and Software Release Process
- Define projects, collect business requirements, and write functional and technical specifications
- Drive software development efforts day-to-day and manage priorities
- Lead and advise mid and senior level engineers on architecture and design of new features
- Work with Workstream Leader to report on progress of feature development to DAO community
- Design, implement and execute new programs with measurable outcomes
- Lead agile ceremonies within the engineering team
- Participate in engineering recruiting, community building and interview process
- Maintain engineering roadmap, milestones and reporting to stakeholders
- Influence the DAO and its workstreams to adopt programs and processes through data driven approaches
- 3-5+ years of technical program management experience
- The ideal candidate is a former Senior Software Engineer that has progressed into Program Management - ability to read and write code is a must
- Ability to design technical solutions and microservices architecture
- Ability to lead agile engineering teams through standard ceremonies (standup, backlog grooming, retrospectives, etc)
- Capability to solve complex organizational problems with program management best practices
- Experience with source control
- Understand scalability challenges and solutions
- Excels in communicating and discussing requirements and timelines with business stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and discuss tradeoffs between technical and product demands
- Passion for innovation. You should be a person who thrives on creating innovative and scalable programs
- Desire to continuously learn, problem-solve and acquire new skills with cutting-edge technology and organizational structures
- Desire for success as an individual, as a team, and as a DAO
- Most importantly, a strong sense of responsibility, ownership, and character
- Experience with cryptocurrency and blockchain
- Any experience or understanding using Ethereum or other Smart Contract based systems
- Familiarity with financial markets and terminology, exchange platforms, and matching engines
- Agile or other program management certifications
Culture & Perks
- Competitive Compensation, paid in USDC (portion in FOX if desired)
- FOX token monthly compensation in addition to base pay
- Partnership with [Opolis](https://opolis.co/) for payroll and benefits (this is managed by you, and we can help you get going)
ShapeShift is a borderless, cross-chain crypto trading platform and portfolio manager for user self-sovereignty.
ShapeShift DAO is actively building a powerful community around the open-source, self-custody, multi-chain, multi-protocol crypto platform for the world. Working for the DAO means you will enjoy the freedom to work from anywhere in the world among a group of peers who are empowered to innovate at the forefront of blockchain technology.