QA Engineer 80-100% (Zurich or remote)
Develop effective test strategies and test plans to ensure the protocol meets expected business and functional requirements
6 months ago
- Develop effective test strategies and test plans to ensure the protocol meets expected business and functional requirements, to reduce time to market, and to ensure quality assurance
- Develop unit and integration tests in Rust to improve code coverage of individual functions and features
- Develop system tests and APIs in Python that guarantee sufficient quality to release new versions of the protocol
- Perform any type of performance tests on K6 defined in the test plan to assess whether new releases meet the baseline requirements
- Become the support engineer for applications using the protocol (Rpc-h) and work together with the community manager to collect all findings from end users
- Communicate your findings with your team members, community manager, and other apps
- Work alongside devops engineers to create effective pipelines that enable faster product-to-market delivery and ease the testability of the protocol
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer-related discipline or equivalent years’ experience
- A minimum of 5 years of direct Software Development experience required, 3 years or more in the area of quality assurance
- Strong experience in testing non-GUI applications, preferable distributed systems
- Strong technical background is needed as distributed systems require complex testing setups
- Prior experience with automation frameworks for system testing like Pytest
- Preferable experience with APIs and API testing Tools – Postman, Soap UI, Pact
- Preferable experience with performance testing and K6
- Preferable experience with property-based testing and/or fuzzy testing
Culture & Perks
At HOPR we aim to change data privacy for good. In order to do so, we are proactive about creating workplace models that wrap around our lives. Whether you like to work part-time, completely remote or from a specific computer model you feel most comfortable working with - we will make sure you have everything you need to thrive and achieve our challenging goals.
Our company culture is characterised by mutual respect, openness and flat hierarchies. We offer space for you and your ideas. We live an open feedback culture and we encourage you to speak up your mind.
At HOPR we work hard, but we also know how to enjoy downtime - for example by cooking Chinese Hotpot, Office Apéros or a skiing trip to the Swiss Mountains.
Glad to hear this? This job offers all of the above and a bit more.
Apply now + become a part of our ambitious team!
Hopr is an equal opportunity employer:
We team up, learn and grow together. Our team consists of people with diverse backgrounds and we guarantee that every candidate and future team member receives equal treatment regardless of ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation or marital status, gender, genetic identity, age, disability or any other legally protected status.
Zurich / remote
Everybody should have the right to decide about their data privacy - We enable it
HOPR is a Zurich-based association working at the forefront of privacy. Our product, the HOPR protocol, is a decentralized mixnet which incentivizes data relaying, giving users full data and metadata privacy.
We are building public infrastructure for web3 in a free and open source environment. We believe this world can become a better place if we work and grow together.
HOPR was founded and seed funded in Spring 2020. We now have over 20 team members and are continuing to grow rapidly. Most of the team works in Zurich, Switzerland, with a second office in Singapore and opportunities for remote work.
We are looking for the very finest to become a part of our HOPR family, and help change data privacy for good.