VP of Sales
Selling into new prospects as well as farming back into existing customers to ensure high renewal and customer satisfaction levels
8 months ago
0.8% — 1.5%
We are seeking a seasoned, smart and over achieving VP of Sales with proven experience and a passion for selling innovative technology to senior executives and developers. You will be responsible for selling into new prospects as well as farming back into existing customers to ensure high renewal and customer satisfaction levels. The ideal candidate will have a background in the crypto industry and a proven track record of successful sales leadership in the tech industry.
As the VP of Sales, you will also be responsible for coaching, coordinating, leading and growing the sales team, as well as handling cross-team communication with marketing, product, tech, and other teams. You will sell complex scientific and technological products. You must have extensive knowledge of the products’ parts and functions, and you must understand the scientific processes that make these products work.
The balance of your pitch depends on the level of technical knowledge and understanding you’ll need to sell the product and to answer client requests. Your target persona will usually be PMs and/or technical staff—engineers and CTOs—from the web3 scene and large financial institutions.
You will be contributing to an ambitious technological project that aims to become the leading wallet provider of the multi-trillion-dollar digital asset industry. You will join a stellar team of leaders (CEO, COO, CPO, Chief Scientist) and experts (Software Engineers, Offensive Security Engineers, Cryptographers, Protocol Designers) in a highly challenging and collaborative environment.
Remote (North America preferred)
Your primary goal will be to make record sales for the company every year. We expect you to strongly contribute to increased client acquisition rates, renewal rates, up-selling, cross-selling, customer satisfaction and overall sales team and business success.
Example of a primary metric would be ARR.
Your day-to-day tasks will involve:
- Lead and coach the sales team to meet and exceed sales targets
- Collaborate with the executive team to establish sales targets and goals
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers and stakeholders
- Develop and implement sales strategies to increase revenue and market share
- Deeply understand why we win and why we lose deals and communicate findings back to the executive team
- Stay hands-on with hunting, farming relationships, and actual selling
- Monitor and report on market trends, competition, and customer needs
- Handle cross-team communication with marketing, product, tech, and other teams
- Strategize around methods, processes, playbooks, pitches, and directions
- Ensure the sales team is meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles
- Managing all technical aspects of RFP / RFI responses
- Understand client requirements and provide sales support
- Successfully match customer pain/requirements to proposed solutions
- Effectively communicating clients needs to product teams for roadmap enriching
- Solicit and log client feedback to assess data and create new client-targeting strategies
- Prepare cost estimates by studying client docs and consulting with other teams
- Collect and document competitive intelligence
- Identify areas for improvement and communicate possible solutions to management
- Provide training and produce support material for the sales team.
- Master Salesforce and other lead generation and sales automation tools
- Support marketing by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, applying for coursework, and participating in professional fairs
- 8+ years experience in sales, with a minimum of 3 years in sales leadership roles
- Proven success in growing ARR from $500k to $5M, from 30 to 100 clients and beyond
- Great business acumen (you ‘have it in you’) and love for the deal closing
- Ability to forge strong, long-lasting relationships with senior executives and developers
- Ability to creatively present complex concepts in an easy to understand manner
- Solid technical understanding of blockchain, software and web technologies
- Excellent social skills to build relationships with clients quickly
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent leadership and team working skills
- Experience leading sales teams in a remote environment
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, startup environment
- Willingness to travel as needed (post-pandemic)
- Proven work experience with developer tools and/or cybersecurity software
- Proven work experience in blockchain and/or cybersecurity industries
- Extensive knowledge about wallets, crypto custody and associated topics
- Entrepreneurial experience, has already co-founded a startup
- As many foreign languages as possible
Culture & Perks
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k matching or similar
- Flexible PTO
- Sponsored transportation
- Apple devices
- Home office equipment
- Team retreats, and more
- Salary: $150 — 200K / year (avg range based on work location).
- Commission: 10 — 20% on newly signed deals (1st year of deal term only).
- Equity: 0.8 — 1.5% (≈ $8 — 15M in the case of a $1 billion exit).
Dfns is a cybersecurity company providing wallet infrastructure for Web3.
Founded in 2020 in Paris, Dfns is a SOC-certified company incubated by Techstars and Station F. Our company is fully remote with offices in Paris, New York, London, Dubai, and other cities.
Think of Dfns as a developer tool merging crypto wallets with SaaS, cloud and cryptography. At core, Dfns is an API-first key management service designed to provide application developers with plug-and-play access to digital assets on blockchains. We designed our product with developer experience in mind to maximize programmability and minimize high-touch implementations.
Our mission is to become one of the favorite building blocks in web3 and provide enablement technology for builders devoted to making the future of finance safe and delightful.