Technical Product Leader (USA)
Design, develop, and create materials and resources for the next generation of our state-of-the-art chip technology
2 months ago
As a Technical Product Leader, you’ll design, develop, and create materials and resources for the next generation of our state-of-the-art chip technology.
The Spatial Labs Team seeks a motivated, highly technical engineer with excellent problem-solving, a deep understanding of wearables, proficient technical skills, and the ability to engage effectively with our clients and partners. Our ideal candidate is an embedded engineer with customer interface experience.
Due to the nature of this role, in addition to their technical proficiency, the candidate should be able to thrive in a reciprocal environment and can clearly communicate while driving multiple projects across a lean team. They should also be enthusiastically passionate and inquisitive, and seek to tackle everyday problems in innovative ways. We want our product leader to be laser-focused on the smallest details that are significant to our customers and have excellent writing and communication skills.
- Be part of the NFC/RFID Software Engineering team responsible for automation and testing of Interoperability (MoT / IoT) NFC use cases, while also developing documentation for our growing brands and clients to both seamlessly and easily better understand the integration process for our Chip Tech
- Design, develop, and create materials and resources for the next generation of our state-of-the-art chip technology
- Actively engage in customer-facing activities, collaborating across departments to help craft solutions that elevate the customer experience with Spatial Labs products
- Be the bridge between our innovative technology and our valued customers, ensuring seamless integration and delivering the best user experience
- 3 - 15 years of experience doing relevant professional work
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience or Knowledge with NTAG 215 - Forum Type 2 Encryption
- Experience in automation test and creating automation tools
- Proficient with coding or 3D Modeling (Clo3D, Marvelous Designer)
- Thrive in a reciprocal environment and can clearly communicate while driving multiple projects across a lean team
- Enthusiastically passionate and inquisitive, and seek to tackle everyday problems in innovative ways
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are significant to our customers
Nice to haves:
- In-depth understanding of OS X, Windows and/or Unix is a plus
- Experience with wireless communication technologies is a plus
- Experience and knowledge of NFC ISO14443 application layer and/or Global Platform/EMV standards and/or Java Card is a plus
We'd be very interested in candidates who previously worked with exceptional hardware product leaders (or similar/adjacent):
- Oculus VR
- Mojo Vision Inc.
- Light Field Lab, Inc.
Culture & Perks
- Competitive Compensation and Equity
- Healthcare and PTO
- On-site work policy (Based on-site in LA. We are a hybrid workplace - so M W F we are in the office and T T we are remote)
- Full-time position
In your cover letter, please tell us:
- Please share more about any notable hardware products that the candidate worked on. Please also share more about your customer-facing activities as part of working on previous hardware products.
- Are you willing to relocate?
- Are you willing to work on-site?
- When you are ready to start?
1/ Initial Interview with Operations Lead
2/ 60 Min Top Grading interview with Operations Lead
3/ Onsite Culture fit with CEO
4/ Onsite 2 week trial - For the onsite 2 week trial we comp candidates their normal salary. And they come into the office 3 days a week, and work remotely 2 days a week. We are super flexible as well.
Spatial Labs is a hardware+software company that powers the Web3 economy. We build ecosystems with real-world value and utility, making blockchain and the metaverse accessible and usable for the masses.
Spatial Labs is venture-backed and supported by notable VC’s such as Blockchain Capital, JAY-Z’s Marcy Venture Partners, and more.
Spatial Labs has collaborated with and powered experiences for brands such as Adidas x Ivy Park, Tidal, Pantone, IKEA / Space10, Crocs, Ales Grey, and more.