Senior Blockchain Researcher
Develop research projects, from initial scoping to implementation
a month ago
We are currently expanding the research team and as a researcher with Mantle you will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects and develop cutting-edge technology.
Areas of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Cryptography, zero-knowledge proof, zkEVM
- Decentralised systems, consensus algorithms
- Ethereum or other L1, Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), Smart Contracts
- Data availability
- Applications of formal verification to blockchain systems
As a Senior Researcher you are expected to bring expertise in the following areas:
- Technical expertise in at least one area of interest (see above)
- Develop research projects, from initial scoping to implementation
- Work in collaboration with Mantle teams (product, engineering, marketing, business development and developers relations)
- Support and mentor junior researchers or interns
- Foster collaborations with researchers in the blockchain ecosystem
- Effectively communicate research results (workshops, conferences, blog posts)
- PhD in Computer Science or related field + 7 years research experience or equivalent
- Strong problem solving skills
- Familiarity with some programming languages (C/C++, Rust, Haskell, Java, Python, Go, …)
- Peer-reviewed publications in top-tier venues
- Demonstrated ability to work in a remote-first environment
- Ability to effectively communicate research results
- Leadership: demonstrated ability to lead small research groups
* If you think you have valuable experience to bring to the organization, but don’t necessarily meet all of the criteria for the role, we still want to hear from you. We consider all applications.
Remote - APAC
Mantle Network is a high-performance Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) modular L2 network incubated by the BitDAO community. Mantle Network’s modular rollup architecture separates transaction execution, data availability, and transaction finality. As the first L2 network partner for restaking protocol EigenLayer, Mantle Network directly inherits security from Ethereum while offering high performance at low fees.
As the world’s first DAO-led L2 network, Mantle Network is pioneering a vision for a more collaborative decentralized economy to showcase the potential of tokenized governance. Our mission is to revolutionize the blockchain industry by providing scalable, efficient, and secure solutions for decentralized applications.