DevOps / Platform Engineer
Play a pivotal role in designing, building, and maintaining our platform infrastructure with a strong focus on DevOps and SRE principles
a month ago
You will be contributing to an ambitious technological project that aims at becoming the leading wallet provider of the multi-trillion-dollar digital asset industry.
You will join an amazing team of leaders (CEO, CTO, CPO, Chief Scientist) and experts (Software Engineers, Offensive Security Engineers, Cryptographers, Protocol Designers) in a highly challenging and collaborative environment. We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Principal Platform Engineer who is detail-oriented, proficient with cloud and hardware, and who flourishes in high-pressure environments, to join our growing scale-up in Web3 security.
As the Principal Platform Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in designing, building, and maintaining our platform infrastructure with a strong focus on DevOps and SRE principles. Your expertise will contribute to the security, scalability, and reliability of our systems, enabling our organization to deliver a cutting-edge product in the rapidly evolving crypto landscape. You will be involved in a variety of activities, from merging corporate systems to ensuring that voice and data flow smoothly through the organization. You will maintain and scale the virtualization environment for the company, stabilize the cloud environment through capacity planning and resource management, and troubleshoot network, storage and computer-related issues across datacenters, provision clusters for our clients and act as reference point for all things infra.
This job is remote, but ideally, for EU-based candidates
Your primary goal will be to work with software engineers and other stakeholders to plan, deploy and maintain company infrastructure including cloud, network connectivity, and datacenters, while ensuring scalability, reliability, cost, security and resilience requirements are met.
Your day-to-day tasks will involve:
- Participating in Agile Scrum, contributing to define the big picture to your team, and being accountable for the deadlines and the quality of production.
- Acting as a powerhouse of ideas on all technical infrastructure issues.
- Leading the design, implementation, and maintenance of the platform infrastructure, ensuring scalability, high availability, and security.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including developers, operations, and security, to drive DevOps and SRE practices and processes across the organization.
- Establishing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, implementing automation for build, test, and deployment processes.
- Developing and maintaining infrastructure-as-code templates using Terraform, enabling reproducibility and scalability of the platform architecture.
- Configuring and managing secure enclaves, utilizing technologies like Nitro Enclaves or AMD SEV, to enhance the security posture of the platform.
- Setting up comprehensive monitoring and observability solutions using tools like Datadog, ensuring high visibility into the platform’s performance, logs, and metrics.
- Optimizing and scaling Node.js applications, collaborating with developers to identify performance bottlenecks and implement improvements.
- Architecting and deploying cloud infrastructure on AWS, Google Cloud, and other cloud providers, leveraging the appropriate services and features.
- Implementing and managing containerization technologies like Docker, ensuring proper configuration, security, and scalability.
- Working closely with VP of Infrastructure and Head of Security to embed best-in-class information security processes within the service architecture and the internal workflows.
- Ensuring utmost uptime for entire network services and servers, and ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Implementing important operational metrics collection, aggregation and visualization.
- Authoring and updating internal and external documentation.
- Staying up to date with emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices in DevOps, SRE, cybersecurity, and web3, and apply that knowledge to drive innovation and continuous improvement within the platform.
- 8+ years experience as an Infrastructure, DevOps and/or Site Reliability Engineer.
- Engineering expert capabilities of challenging the reasoning of other engineers.
- Understanding of Functional Programming, Object-Oriented, and Logic Programming.
- Understanding of languages, like Terraform, Rust, Go, Python, and/or Typescript.
- Deep expertise in DevOps and SRE methodologies, with a strong understanding of their application in a cybersecurity and web3 context.
- Proficiency in managing and deploying infrastructure using Terraform, including the ability to write reusable and scalable infrastructure-as-code templates.
- Extensive knowledge of secure enclave technologies, such as Nitro Enclaves or AMD SEV, and the ability to leverage them effectively in the platform architecture.
- Experience with Jenkins for CI/CD pipelines, including the ability to create automated build, test, and deployment workflows, 12-Factor App, and domain-driven microservices.
- Experience administrating, scaling, tuning RDBMS or NoSQL databases.
- Familiarity with Datadog or similar monitoring and observability tools to set up comprehensive monitoring solutions for the platform, including application performance monitoring, log management, and alerting.
- Strong expertise in Node.js and its ecosystem, including experience with building scalable and resilient web applications using Node.js frameworks.
- Proficient in managing and optimizing cloud infrastructure on AWS, Google Cloud, and other cloud providers, including designing scalable and highly available architectures.
- Deep understanding of containerization technologies like Docker and container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes, with the ability to build and manage containerized applications.
- Knowledge of infrastructure security best practices, including securing networks, systems, and applications, and the ability to implement security controls and perform security audits.
- Experience testing secure, fault-tolerant, and resilient systems.
- Knowledge of information security management systems and relevant industry standards (ISO, SOC, etc.)
- Familiarity with blockchain technologies and decentralized systems, including knowledge of smart contract development and deployment, Ethereum, and other web3 protocols.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Founding-spirited with grit and guts to pursue complex worldwide ambitions.
- Humble, respectful, and very professional to others.
- Able to decide even in stressful, unstable situations.
- [Bonus] Proven track record working on developer tools, cybersecurity software, infrastructure products, and/or API products.
- [Bonus] Proven work experience in blockchain, DeFi and/or cybersecurity industries.
- [Bonus] Extensive knowledge about the crypto wallet space and its use cases.
- Intro call with COO (30mn).
- Knowledge and personality tests (async).
- Focus interview with hiring panel (90-120mn).
- Final interview with hiring panel and CEO (60mn).
- Submission for approval by the Risk Committee.
Health, dental, and vision insurance, 401k matching or similar, flexible PTO, sponsored transportation, gym, food, Apple devices, home office equipment, team retreats, and more.