Lead Smart Contract Engineer (London / UK)
Use your experience deploying EVM Smart Contracts to driving high-level decisions about Protocol architecture, incentive structure and features
4 months ago
We’re looking for an exceptional crypto engineer who loves working through complex logic, math and finance problems together with a team of developers and product geeks.
This role is for a lead developer who wants to help us expand our team, has experience deploying Smart Contracts on Ethereum mainnet (or another EVM compatible blockchain) and has built a methodology to help them safely write code that has immediate financial consequences for its users.
London, United Kingdom (Hybrid)
- Drive high-level decisions about Protocol architecture, incentive structure and features
- Design and implement well tested Smart Contracts in Solidity
- Contribute readable, well-tested, and well-documented code
- Lead and mentor a software engineering team
- Review correctness, efficiency and readability of code from other contributors
- Prepare the code-base for external audits and resolve any audit findings
- Work in a fast-paced agile development environment with an international team
- 5+ years of development experience and at least 3 years of Solidity experience
- Your Smart Contracts have traction on an EVM compatible chain
- Really care about accuracy of your code and take ownership of your deliverables
- Know how to keep code secure from sophisticated intelligent attackers and have helped your code-base through a Smart Contract audit
- Can explain to product teams how features can be implemented and are happy to suggest alternative implementations that achieve similar functionality
- Build maintainable code and are able to spot opportunities to save gas
- Have an in-depth understanding of the ERC20 standard and other DeFi protocols
- Other team members love discussing technical challenges with you because you can help them see different ways of finding solutions
- Willing to travel for face-to-face meet-ups every 6-8 weeks
- Fluent in verbal & written English
Bonus points for
- Have previously integrated with well known DeFi protocols (Uniswap, Compound, Aave, Yearn, Curve, etc.)
- Living close to London
Collateralized cryptoasset-backed loans often get quite significantly overcollateralized and capital-inefficient due to the inherent volatility of the crypto markets.
Altitude takes over the controls by actively managing your loan’s debt and collateral in real-time, optimizing your capital efficiency.
When it becomes clear that loan doesn’t need all of your available collateral, Altitude puts it to good use by letting it generate yield. When your collateral is suddenly needed back, Altitude automatically rebalances your loan to maintain the LTV.
As the value of your collateral increases and your loan becomes overcollateralized, Altitude automatically utilizes the unused collateral for generating yield, which in itself helps to reduce the size of the loan over time.
Altitude’s radar continuously scans the leading debt pools for a lower interest rate. Your loan gets automatically refinanced to the best possible rate the very second it becomes available.